Where I'm at

Started by bruno, March 21, 2015, 08:47:25 AM

bruno

So start of Feb caught this nasty virus, which caused a racking cough - its been going around work, and lasting for weeks. This wouldn't go and kept coming and going. A few weeks back this turned into fluid on the lungs (I guess some form of pneumonia) - leading atrial fribulation and heart failure (basically my heart wasn't pumping properly, racing at 150 bpm). This put me on a heart ward for a week, am now on lots of drugs and on the road to recovery with a normal heart beat, and no virus. Also this uncovered an underlying issue with type 2 diabetes, so a bit of a train wreck. I am in good spirits - and have been playing a bit. Going to be off work for a few weeks, so time to recuperate and rest, and do lots of walking. I may get a chance for a bit of playing as well. All triggered by this virus. I am a little annoyed that I didn't recognise the symptoms for the diabetes (nothing that obvious). This has surprised me as I eat and live a good lifestyle, but there you go. I think the diabetes weakened my immune system so I couldn't fight the virus properly. Actually I had no indication that my heart was beating so fast!!! Very odd, I haven't really felt that unwell throughout this whole episode. At least everything is coming under control.

B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Blooby

Good Lord, Bruno, I am so sorry but glad that you are on the road to recovery. Take things slow. I'm sure I speak for the whole community when I say we will be sending good vibes your way.

Bruce

Gnasty

Damn that must of been scary. I hope you`re better soon my friend.

Take it easy yet keep on being mobile. We need more tunes from you!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

cuthbert

Whoa, this hits home for me because I was also struck by an unexpected bout of flu/bronchitis in the last week of February that stuck around for a few weeks. Lots of coughing and fluid build up in the lungs at its worst, but I'm nearly dried out now, no longer coughing and I think it's (mostly) gone.

Sorry to hear about your troubles bruno, and I hope you make a speedy recovery. Take care, and do what you need to do to regain your health.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Redler

All the best, Bruno! I hope you'll get well soon!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Bluesberry

I am thinking about you Bruno, keep strong.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

thetworegs

Pleased to hear your on the road to recovery ;D

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Flash Harry

Hope you're back to full fitness quickly Bruno - don't overdo it. Music is a great way to recuperate!
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Burtog

Wow, thats a lot to deal with in a short time, sounds like you are on the mend, take it easy!

My 'Man-Flu' doesn't feel quite so bad anymore!

recorder
Boss BR-800