Can't Get Her Out of My Mind

Started by Picker, March 01, 2015, 09:50:05 PM

Picker

Can't Get Her Off M_0708_01 1
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Hey all,

It's been a little over a year since I've been around, huge dry spell.....I literally have not written a single song all year, but I did have a bunch of musical ideas and this is the result of a couple days messing with one of them.  it's not complete, but I think it's an effective demo to get the ball rolling with the band.  BTW, I recorded the guitar direct through an OD pedal and delay.  I forgot that I should have set up an amp simulation or something in the boss, just wasn't thinking, oh well.
recorder
Boss BR-800

Redler

Well written song! You've got nice touch on guitar! Enjoyed the vocals too! Fine job, Picker!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Groundy

You are a good Picker, Picker, Nice playing, well performed , and a well written piece....Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

Greeny

Fantastic, rich guitar tones, and the vocals are superb. Gave me a Counting Crows kind of vibe.

Everything is done with style and quality.

Very fine work.

Hilary

It sounds great and will definitely suit a band/your band (did you write it for them specifically) - I think you're on to a winner :D
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Picker

Thanks all,

Yes, I try to write stuff that is suitable to play in the band I play in.  Below is a link to our website if you want, not much there, cause we're not very serious, but there are some live recorded 20 second samples there (Listen to the bass in near the end of the recording of Mary Had a Little Lamb, my bass player is so awesome!). 

My goal in recording and writing is to get the song mostly done and a rough recording so that it will be interpreted by my drummer and bass player the way I intend.  I find that if I bring something without drums and bass it can really go somewhere I don't want it to.  I also find that if the recording quality is very low, the song tends to get rejected.  This is the beauty of the BR recorders, you can put something together fairly quickly that sounds reasonably good.

http://members.shaw.ca/gybband/Home.html
recorder
Boss BR-800

Oldrottenhead

great tones on the guitar, at times sounds like a brass section. fab song.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

thetworegs

Through enjoyed love your vocal it has that Bob seger tone tone to it love it!! ....

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

SwanSong

This is what hit songs r made of . very cool vibe and great vocals
loved the mix. and vocals were outstanding. glad to c u  back
and hope to c u around more. keep rocking NEIL.!!

tonyc

nice song great vocal love it . posted by tonyc
recorder
Zoom HD16