'Standing Still' A Greeny (Monday!) Original

Started by Greeny, February 16, 2015, 04:15:19 AM

Greeny

TIM GREEN_Standing Still_REDUX2
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Been a while. Work and life, eh?  ::)

Did this very late last night. Written in 15 minutes and recorded immediately - before I 'lost' it.

Two layers of Takamine acoustic, Precision bass, GB electric piano & organ, vocals and MBR drums. Added a little sound fx part in Audacity after it had all been mixed down on the MBR.

Oldrottenhead

braw tell yer maw, great to hear a green one on a monday.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Tangled Wires

Nice to hear you back Greeny, liking this one, some great melodies throughout and the verse/chorus relationship is excellent with the chorus dipping into the minor key.

There is a lot going on here musically, the guitars are beautifully stereo panned and layered over that melodic punchy bass line. As with all of your songs, there is so much clarity on the recording and you can easily pick and choose as to which part you want to focus in on during each listen.

That Swirling Sound effect at the end of each chorus is cool and, for a small addition, adds is a nice little integral hook to the song.

Nice one!

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Geir

All is well when the green Mondays are back !!!!

Classic Greeny brilliance !

Wonderfully melodic and dreamy !!

=> piPod
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

danieldesete

I can't believe this song was made in 15 mins.
All the different tracs are just there to support the perfect singing. A special mention the bass line.
a big well done Greeny
Daniel
hou hou ha ha

Redler

Welcome back, Tim!! Absolutely brilliant song...and in 15 minutes... I'm struggling weeks or months with my song sketches :(:(:( .

Sweet melody and performance! I have missed Greeny mondays!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Flash Harry

Magic Tim, some lovely touches in the arrangement, melodic bass, and the organ is perfect.
It's all supporting a really lovely easy laid back song, I need an album full of these mate, get cracking and sod the work bit of the life balance...
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

SE

So sweet sounding with great production,  sometimes getting it down fast is best, in this case, you, ve turned out a cracker, a great listen!
recorder
Boss BR-80

andy casson

Oh yes, what a marvelous way to start the day, fabulous song young man, the mix is great on my old headphones! You wrote this in 15 minutes!!? Oh crikey! Brilliant
Andy

Jarle

Fabulous melodic song. Great arrangement, from the melodic bass to the gentle stops and the percussion. Well written and performed.
recorder
Boss BR-800