Spiralling down(kenny mac tribute to tangled wires)

Started by kenny mac, February 06, 2015, 02:39:57 PM

kenny mac

spiralling down
Time:
0:00
Volume:
TributeFest3 (banner image missing)

This is a tribute to the great band Tangled wires.
Being a huge fan,this is my second one.
its very different from the original and I hope Andrew and Sasha like it as its a bit in your face at one stage.
Kenny

original link
https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=5790.msg72297#msg72297

Tangled Wires

This is absolute magic Kenny, I love how you have put your own spin on the song and given it a kind of atmospheric dance groove.

The gentile first minute and half has a sight syncopated feel to the music and vocal which is really cool, and is a real smokescreen to the whole different direction that follows next

That outro sounds amazing with that huge sounding guitar solo and the repeating vocals that build and build into that falsetto finale.

I don't really listen much to the original, its kind of locked away in the archives, but your version will be getting many more plays.....you have certainly rekindled my interest in it.

Thanks again buddy, it really is appreciated!

recorder
Boss Micro BR

bruno

Fab tribute Kenny - you really put your stamp on this. A great interpretation of a great song.
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Tangled Wires

As I keep listening to this it kind of reminds me a little of U2's "Even Better than the Real Thing" ;D ;D

recorder
Boss Micro BR

kenny mac

Cool  :D glad you liked it ,I nearly didn't post it,but had a rethink this morning after adding vocals and lead guitar.

Groundy

Great tribute Kenny,
I am a fan of Tangled Wires music....
And you have done a first class job on this one........

Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

andy casson

Nicely done fella - there are some insane vocals in the last 45 secs!!! Great choice for tribute, I agree with the guys - you put your own stamp on a great song  -bravo
Andy

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Hook

Brilliant take on a great song, love those synths & that driving beat. It has the feel of so many eras in music, I hear 80s pop, 90's industrial some 2000's edgy rock...it's a deep tribute brother and done extremely well!
Rock On!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

ODH

Not heard the original so went and checked it out on the link.  Like it a lot and I love how you've built it up into a huge production.  The whole thing has that kind of late 80's goth rock feel. Love those synths.  Right up my street.

Big
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter