will that ever be enough by oldrottenhead

Started by Oldrottenhead, January 29, 2015, 04:00:46 AM

Oldrottenhead

will that ever be enough
Time:
0:00
Volume:
disappeared up my own backside with this one. music was done on my br800 lost count of how many tracks i used.
transferred a mix of just the music to my micro br and did the vocals on that. still trying to figure out best way to do vocals on the br800, i spose i need to get me a rode nt1a mic.
we need to know what we don't know
we have to see what we can't see
a deep desire within us all
a need to know to know it all
unlock the secrets of the universe
find out the secrets of our world
hold the key that opens everything
but will that ever be enough

a need to touch a need to hold
a need to hold it in our hands
for good or bad for one and all
for everyone or not at all
will that ever be enough
w/m
oldrottenhead
bass guitar
electro acoustic guitar
juno di
and
vocals
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

tonyc

nice song great vocal, enjoyed listening great stuff . posted by tonyc
recorder
Zoom HD16

Jarle

Another beauty James. The I love the juno in this.
recorder
Boss BR-800

Redler

Another winner from the ethereal department!! A bit melanchol...liked the FEEL, again!!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Nearly missed this beauty, lovely full sound. Vocals sound great but I can sense a GAS attack is imminent.  Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

Groundy

Nice one James, I know what you mean about the 800,after a couple of years I am still not happy with it, having said that yours always sound spot on........Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

Tangled Wires

I love this song, the intro with dreamy keys and tinkling piano got my attention from the outset and then...bang...in comes that superb driving rhythm section and it goes to a place that I was not expecting to go.

There may only be a handful of chords but the beauty and genius of this is the way in which the changes make the music flow and drive along beautifully, and the continuity and relentlessness of the vocal provide the song with a slight frenetic energy which counters perfectly against the gentle pace of the music

Was kind of disappointed when it ended, as I could hear in my head a big guitar solo kicking in after the last vocal and taking the song to its conclusion.

Just an excellent song and sounds to me that you are getting to grips with that BR800 just fine.

recorder
Boss Micro BR

kenny mac

This is brilliant jim ,it's full of life and has a Great Wall of sound,I can hear what Andrews talking about with the lead guitar.
Plenty of scope there for a big finish.
Nice one mate.

andy casson

Very cool Jim, had me from the off as well, loved the guitar tones and keyboard interchanges. You are a master of this genre! Great song

Andy

Geir

Very cool indeed. Sounds fab.

Great atmospheric feel.

Re recording vocals, if you run it on batteries you can hold it and use it like the MBR. Yes it's a bit more clumsy, but doable. Or just place it on a stack of books so you get it close enough. Sing into just one mic and just ditch the other track of the stereo recording. I do that all the time, both on the br800 and on the br80. I know Jarle does too.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........