HELP! I've busted my machine!!!

Started by jackofall, April 01, 2009, 12:56:06 PM

Sprocket

I bought a second hand Micro BR off of Craigslist, works fine except the DC jack seems to have issue, I called Roland USA and got a RA#, I shipped it out on Monday 5/04. Since the item is used and Im not the original owner its not under warranty.
I was told their labor rate was $75 an hour, but the good news is they charge in 15 minute increments.
In all, I wasnt left with a very confident feeling about sending it in...it was really just some chic answering the phone and taking down info...not really offering any significant info except the labor rate. Like I said, it wasnt very confidence inspiring but, eh, what are you gonna do, right.
When I get my unit back I will be sure to follow up with my post, for future reference.

PS, nice forum you have here, Ive already found alot of valuable info to get me started...now Im just studying til I get it back ???   

dragonshade

I am real curious to know how long it takes to get it done and back, pls keep us posted.

Sprocket

From my tracking numbers, Roland USA has had my MBR since Monday. I havent received the first call from their service department as of yet, I find this to be common among service companies now days...lack of communication and such. All of which doesnt surprise me because when I called in for tech support(twice) and for customer service(to send it in)...lets just say they(none of them) were confidence inspiring, helpful or informative.
I called today to follow up with my RA#, I was put on hold and a few moments later, the cute lil girl on the phone told me "they are shipping you a replacement unit out today."
She told me the felt the best way to service this would be just to replace it...I was tickled to death! I then explained just how great this was and how disappointed I was after my call, she went on to explain that they "dont like to over promise anything over the phone"...and Im just fine with that if they plan on "over delivering"!
This is good business practice and Im happy to be spending my money, time and time again with Roland/Boss/Vox/etc. ;D

Sprocket

My replacement arrived today...and OMG!
I was just expecting a new unit...but it arrived in a big box, with my batteries and memory card in a ziplock bag...BUT also included a sealed and enclosed in cellophane, brand new Micro BR...with EVERYTHING! New batteries, new memory card, new manual, new pouch...EVERYTHING! So aside from the Micro BR, Ive got double of everything now!
That extra manual is sure to come in handy!

Im very pleased with all of this...and cant wait to get using this fine machine!

BTW, wonderful forum...Ive thoroughly enjoyed read old posts, listening to everybodys recordings/art. Thank you, Ive been studying up...and I look forward to recording my buddy's (very loud)band tonight...and thanks to everybody here, Im pretty confident its gonna turn out nicely...through trail and error, of course, but now atleast Ive got some insight going into this. 

Greeny

Quote from: Sprocket on May 20, 2009, 12:05:31 PMMy replacement arrived today...and OMG!
I was just expecting a new unit...but it arrived in a big box, with my batteries and memory card in a ziplock bag...BUT also included a sealed and enclosed in cellophane, brand new Micro BR...with EVERYTHING! New batteries, new memory card, new manual, new pouch...EVERYTHING! So aside from the Micro BR, Ive got double of everything now!
That extra manual is sure to come in handy!

Im very pleased with all of this...and cant wait to get using this fine machine!

BTW, wonderful forum...Ive thoroughly enjoyed read old posts, listening to everybodys recordings/art. Thank you, Ive been studying up...and I look forward to recording my buddy's (very loud)band tonight...and thanks to everybody here, Im pretty confident its gonna turn out nicely...through trail and error, of course, but now atleast Ive got some insight going into this. 

Sounds like all your spare time for the next few months is taken care of now! You're going to have fun!!!

Don't be worried if the live recording doesn't turn out right first time - it's one of the trickiest things to nail (and not just on the BR). So have a play and just experiment until it sounds good to your ears.