Frozen in Time - Replay Fest

Started by Tangled Wires, January 06, 2015, 03:41:14 PM

Tangled Wires

Cheers Guys.

Quote from: Jarle on January 08, 2015, 11:29:41 AMThe drummer in me has to ask; how do you record the drums and what kind of kit do you use?

It is a Yahama DTxplorer electronic kit, and I just line-in to the Micro BR and record directly. You have to be careful with the levels, as I used to make the mistake of recording them a bit "hot", but once you tone down the input level on the BR, and the output level on the drums, you can get a pretty good sound.

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ferryman_1957

Wow, love this song and the vocal performance. Like you I prefer the pacier feel, it gives it more drama but doesn't lessen the impact of the vox (which are fantastic as always). I really like the keys and some of the sounds you used.

I am hearing a bit of boominess/clipping around 2:40 as everything builds up but I am only listening on the phones right now, will give it a listen through the monitors with my hearing aids in tomorrow! Fabulous song regardless, great songwriting and performing.

Update: Just listened on monitors and it's fine. I think the issue may be through headphones that there is quite a lot central in the mix so it may overwhelm the ears a bit just at the end, at least these old ones. 

Ella

This is so beautiful! I really really love this. I absolutely would buy a record that include this kind of music. 

steelguitar

Loved the vocals...
I missed the original... this song is a beauty.

Jean-Sébastien
recorder
Boss Micro BR

"I'm sitting on a comet / Slowing speed / I'm landing on your planet / On your land of weed" Daniel (de Sète)

https://www.facebook.com/TheMAUSS

Gnasty

Real drums? NICE!! Very cool!! Sounds amazing to me and a great TW song. Glad you`re all back.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

cuthbert

Wuh-oh...here's another replay that I somehow missed the original song post for...  ::)

This sounds amazing - I love the guitars and Sasha's voice - what a combination! And very atmospheric with the synth pad, plus nothing beats real drums in a song.

Magic!!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase