The Decision

Started by bruno, November 23, 2014, 06:16:58 AM

bruno

Track 72 - The Decision
Time:
0:00
Volume:
The name, well was tired last night, and on my way to bed, it was late and everyone else was asleep - and was half way up the stairs, and was thinking, bed or guitars. Guitars won, I didn't have anything in my head, but I recorded this anyway.

All recorded on the Kemper, one rhythm (volume pedal for the swells), one lead, one bass, and some drum loops!

B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

chapperz66

Who needs sleep anyway?  Great stuff, this.  Hints of Jeff Beck which is no bad thing in my book.  Great tone from the Kemper.

Paul

Pine

I've been there. Unfortunately, too often bed wins out.... :-\

When it doesn't and things like this happen, it wires me and then i can't go to sleep!

Cool jam here Bruno. Nice tones and playing on the guitar, and interesting bass lines. Emotionally, kinda reminds me of Eric Johnson...

pine
recorder
Boss BR-1200

bruno

Thanks for the listen and comments guys - I had to reply.
One of my friends sent me the Eric Johnson and Mike Stern album yesterday, and there are some bloody amazing tracks on that album. I was taken with Eric's use of the swell pedal, its something he does quite often - but I had an idea to try and replicate that swelly, chorus'y sound with the Kemper. Now as much as I would like to, trying to play like King Eric requires a lifetime of practicing and long fingers, and I'm generally quite lazy, with short fingers!!!! So played with the whammy, and on listening back, thought that sounds a little like Jeff Beck (only a little). So it made me smile that the first two comments nailed what I was thinking, naming both players. If we were closer, I'd buy you two a beer :-)
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

SE

That,s a cool kinda jazzy laided back feel with that rock guitar, finishes all too early, magic!!
recorder
Boss BR-80

kenny mac

Yeh very good indeed,there is a beck sound there.
That machine you have there is great Bruno and it's in the right hands.
Well done.

Groundy

Yes I like it Bruno, Class......
I am the opposite my problem is playing the guitar at 4.30 in the morning....lol

Well done........Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

Hook

Damn brother, that is some seriously sweet playing. It's so smooth and flowing with a little edge. And the tones!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rock On!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Redler

Excellent playing with atmospheric feel! You have created sweet tones via Kemper amp...that causes GAS, tho...unfortunately Kemper is far too expensive to me :( . Sweet track, I wish it would have been a bit longer!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Wow what a guitar sound, and yeah I think the guys nailed it with the comparisons but at the end of the the day it was you doing what you do so well. Bravo.   Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800