Main Menu

Hideaway

Started by Pine, November 23, 2014, 05:20:23 AM

Pine

Hideaway
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Those of you who live here in the States have probably all heard about the recent "Lake Effect" snowstorm outside of Buffalo, NY. as it has a been the lead story on the national news for a a few days last week. For those of you in the UK, this "Lake Effect" happens when cold Canadian air (in this case, polar air) blows across the warm water of the Great Lakes (in this case, Lake Erie) It picks up moisture, turns it to snow like a snow machine at a ski resort, and drops it in "bands". These bands, or "streamers" usually oscillate with the wind direction, most often dumping the snow far south of heavily populated areas...and in depths from inches to a couple feet. Well, this time the wind blew the whole length of Lake Erie and there was no shift in wind direction for three days. The "core" of the band was only about 8 miles wide and 20 miles long....with blue sky and sunshine on either side...but in the "band", it snows 3-5" per hour and is a total whiteout. It's bizarre. The folks in that area got SEVEN FEET of snow! Drifts are up to rooftops. All roads were closed. Travels bans in many towns. The National Guard was called out as plows were all but useless. Snowmobiles were used to get medicine and food to the sick and elderly...and still are as hundreds of side streets have yet to be cleared. It's epic. 13 deaths...over 30 roof collapses so far...and now it's warming to 60F degrees tomorrow and there will be more roofs collapsing as well as major flooding. I used to live in that area when i was a kid. These days i'm 100 miles SE and high on a rural hilltop. Anyway, this tune goes out to all of those poor folks in the "white nightmare". Here is a link to a short vid of the "streamer" coming in off lake Erie into south Buffalo

http://youtu.be/KA9XNRHxKbg

Hideaway
w/m by Pine
Casio CTK691
Taylor acoustic
Squire jazz bass
recorder
Boss BR-1200

bruno

This country comes to a complete stop with 1 inch of snow, I think we would have a complete melt down with 7 feet, I can't imagine.

Pine - I love the description around the song, and the song itself is wonderful, kinda of 10cc sound. Perfect sounds for a bit a Reggae, with a great yearning lyric. I think that this track wouldn't be at all out of place on the radio. Brilliant!

B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Groundy

This is Superb Pine,
So well performed and produced...
As Bruno said it wouldnt be out of Place on The Radio.well done to you.
Take care my friend......

Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

Redler

I liked the reggae feel on this. Although, reggae music is not the first music genre to associate with snow storm :) .

Really catchy tune, already on my first listening! Cool job on rhythm track as well and the production is so fine!

I hope the people not suffering from the melting snow/floods, there. The lake effect is familiar to me, too. But, we never have faced 7 feet amount of snow by the lake effect.
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Farrell Jackson

The NY snow storm (Lake Effect) is a real tragedy Pine. Watching it on the news was unreal with the sheer amount of snow being dropped in such a short time.  I feel for the poor folks having to deal with it and the loss of life.

The song's reggae rhythm is right on the money and your vocal phrasing hits the bulls eye!  A good one Pine. Now your song and the lyric lines "Bad, Bad, Boy whatcha gonna do when they come for you" will be stuck in my head all day long.

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Oldrottenhead

oooh this is the business you old dog. ;D ;D ;D great hearing a new post from you.

my heart goes out to those in buffalo.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Groundy

Oliver......

(Back 4 More.)

Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

Geir

Wow!!!

I did not expect this when I pushed play. You are a talented man good sir. A tragic story but told excellently. And that's a really catchy song you've made. Excellent bass too, for a brief second I thought I'd read wrong and it was a Ted song.

Well done my friend.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Jarle

Well done indeed. Really well arranged, great bass line.
recorder
Boss BR-800

Hook

Great tune  & very well produced, radio ready to my ears.
Rock On!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely