Main Menu

Punky Monkey

Started by bruno, November 21, 2014, 08:54:15 AM

Pine

Fun track indeed Bruno. Never heard anything from you yet i didn't like or that wasn't well done.

This is a hoot. That is one mean, kick ass guitar tone! Very cool when that insane lead comes in and wanders back and forth across the stage...just like a wild punk rocker would do! Loved the bass too. Your vox sound dead on to me..i enjoyed your delivery. I love it when folks mix their vox out in front where they belong and the lyrics can be heard. Good mix and production on this. I've always enjoyed a dose of punk but have yet to write one. Someday. Meanwhile, i'll enjoy others having at it!

Nice post Bruno.

pine
recorder
Boss BR-1200

SE

Cool stuff, magic vibe, takes it right back reminiscent of Sham 69 maybe the accent?  Don't know, but a great listen!!
recorder
Boss BR-80

Jarle

I really love the energy in this.
recorder
Boss BR-800

I was never into punk music although if it had been this good it might have changed my way of thinking.  Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

ODH

Oooh, nicely authentic.  I was thinking kind of Lurkers-ish, maybe?  I like the attitude in your vocal, but I always preferred the more arty-punk over the angry-punk, tbh.

Quote from: bruno on November 22, 2014, 01:33:24 AMI remember being at school when the who punk thing was kicking off, I was more a stranglers fan

Me too actually on both counts (I was 12 in '77)
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

Bluesberry

Hell yeah thats fun.....whoooo hooooo.   I was 12 in '77 as well

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

T.C. Elliott

This just sounds fun to play. You've got my fingers wanting to do a fretboard dance, although my hand is thinking of the cramps as I'm out of practice.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London