You Smile With Your Eyes - Farrell original

Started by Farrell Jackson, November 16, 2014, 10:48:32 AM

Farrell Jackson

09 Track 9 You Smile
Time:
0:00
Volume:
A song I dedicate to wife. This is one of my first experiments of layering backing and harmony vocals. I may have gone a little overboard with it but I enjoyed the process. I also learned something for future recordings of what and what not to do, lol.

I used my Takamine EF 341 acoustic plugged direct for most of the guitar work.  The bass is a Gibson EBO plugged direct.
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Pine

Great new tune Farrell...loved it! Your trademark ace vox are the highlight...especially liked the nice back up vox on the bridge. Sweet lyrics that will make your wife proud..(maybe buttering her up for a new G.A.S. purchase?  ;D )

This is a real toe tapper and just rolls along in fine fashion. Nice paying...liked the bass lines alot.

Excellent post Farrell!

pine
recorder
Boss BR-1200

Geir

Great work again Farrell!

Excellent production, and I just love those harmonies!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Redler

Laid back and beautiful love song with very catchy melodies! The harmonies are so sweet! I'm sure that your wife loves this :D . Excellent songwriting!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Groundy

Superb Farrell, as Professional as ever, well done...........Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

Oldrottenhead

Great song great production great sentiment you are a lucky man.

My wife is not so forgiving she caught me in the middle of my next Opus when I should have been attending to other matters. Frying pans at dawn.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

SwanSong

Amazing song great job love it NEIL.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hook

Nice tune, really good hook & that instrumental section is sweet. Harmonies are spot on, I might pull them back from the lead vocal a bit but they sound great. I used up all my "I wrote you a song..."'s about 10 years ago. I still write her song but I don't play them for her, she doesn't like the uke much. It might work now though if I pull out my acoustic...probably not. I hope she likes it brother, it's really good!
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

fenderbender

This is so pro sounding -love it Farrell
love the bass and harmonies
lovely happy feel to the song
top shelf stuff Farrell
 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Tommy
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-600

bruno

A very upbeat tune, properly recorded. Lots of space and placement makes everything sound really clear. Harmonies sound excellent. There's lots of work gone into this, loads of little bits, which is great. Super job.
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600