Spider Monkey Love - A collab With Redler and Farrell

Started by Farrell Jackson, November 13, 2014, 04:28:21 PM

Starseed

Sounds definitely Beatles inspired, very refreshing. The serious playing go well with the fun monkey lyrics. Good song.

Pine

This is a GREAT collab gents! The instrumental portion is so melodic, clean, and captivating. Loved the violin sounds.

Farrell you have certainly done right by that with your fine set of lyrics that paint such a cute and innocent picture.
Definitely a 60's love vibe here...one that is sadly long gone from today's commercial music. But it lives on at great sites like this. Your singing never sounded better...you impart a gentle playfulness and the imagery just swings off the branch at the listener.

This is just delightful. Great collab guys!

pine

recorder
Boss BR-1200

fenderbender

What a great collab
super backer and top class vocals and lyrics Farrell-
my hat off to you both

Tommy
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-600

Hook

I didn't want to listen because I (had?) planned on giving this a go also but that title drew me in. Man Farrell this is outstanding, I totally see you sitting on a branch of a tall redwood with you guitar and the dp008 you never use, singing to the spider monkey's. Outstanding track Kari, really outstanding & with Farrell's story of monkey love this is undeniably Monkalicious!
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Gnasty

Seriously good!! All around amazing! Kari, i love your guitar work and you know how to end a song perfect.. Very original!

Farrell, these are just awesome lyrics and sung with great emotion. Top notch collab!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

SE

Just listened to the orh version and now I'm on this one, both takes are amazing,  I'd planned to give it a go but I don't think I'd better any of these takes, Farrell thats some fine vox and lyrics, big respect to Redler that's a great track.
recorder
Boss BR-80

Redler

Thanks to all for listenings and commenting!

Quote from: SE on November 15, 2014, 06:01:48 PMJust listened to the orh version and now I'm on this one, both takes are amazing,  I'd planned to give it a go but I don't think I'd better any of these takes, Farrell thats some fine vox and lyrics, big respect to Redler that's a great track.

Don't hesitate to give a go, John! You've done excellent job on our previous collabs!!!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Jarle

This is art. Fabulous work from both of you.

Beautiful...
recorder
Boss BR-800

SwanSong

Totally different and marvelous collaboration from both of you
wonderful flavor and smooth vocals. congrats wish u the best
both of you NEIL.!

kenny mac

Excellent job here,the song without the lyrics has a very relaxed vibe but again,another completely different version.
A version that keeps that dreamy atmosphere going.
I can see myself on a hammock by the beach with my headphones on listening to this as the waves fall onto the sand.
Now there's a tranquil picture  :D.
Nice job Farrell and Redler.