size nine feet (full mix) by oldrottenhead

Started by Oldrottenhead, November 11, 2014, 04:35:47 PM

Farrell Jackson

I always enjoy your creative words Jim. My take is any time spent in the studio whether recording or experimenting  is time well spent. This song is proof of that. A good one!

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Vanncad

Crikey Jim - I am sitting here listening to this and my wife says "Is that you? - It sounds like your voice.". I'm like "Say what? This guy is Scottish!"

Maybe we drink alike - hahaha!

This is cool. I ws intigued by the title. I orininally thought it was going to be about a lady. Great lyrics and very cool imagery. You always a have a great experimental edge on your stuff!
It ain't pretty being easy.

Okay to Cover

bruno

A different take, and very interesting words. Music is very dark, cool track.
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Pine

A very different take for sure...and both have their own rewards.

Much darker and broody with the juno, which takes me in another direction. The important thing being that it does take me.

farrell's comment is good...any time in the studio is time well spent...i need to remind myself of that!

You are an explorer, James.

pine
recorder
Boss BR-1200

Bluesberry

Quote from: Starseed on November 14, 2014, 02:12:15 AMYou know that feeling you get when you open a jar of canned peaches and drink from the jar and the peach juice runs down your neck and its so sweet? That is the feeling I get when I hear this.
It's got a kick like when the peaches come from the jar after the juice.
That riff is addicting , I love it. Sung with feeling. I think size 9 is pretty much average size worldwide.
I couldn't have said it better myself..........great song Jim, great review, made me laugh-out-loud with the truth.............love it

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

fenderbender

Top shelf lyrics and vocals James
you have the knack

Tommy
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-600

Jarle

Fabulous arrangement James. The piano bass is really haunting.

Time well spent.
recorder
Boss BR-800