Vote for the November/December 2014 "Theme/Genre" festival

Started by 64Guitars, October 26, 2014, 02:52:40 PM

Hook

Looks like we got the Monkey! & just so it's clear...it's not songs by The Monkee's it's Songs about Monkey's!...what could be better!
Monkey see, monkey do, monkey on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Pete C

What an idiot - I didn't read it properly and thought it was Monkees Fest !

I don't like the Monkees but to show willing I spent half the weekend trying to work out a rocky arrangement for 'Last Train to Clarksville' then realised it was songs ABOUT monkeys. Doh !
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

danieldesete

Pete don't write a song about beatles for the other festival  ;D ;D
hou hou ha ha

64Guitars

Quote from: danieldesete on November 03, 2014, 03:43:02 PMPete don't write a song about beatles for the other festival  ;D ;D

:D

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Geir

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

bruno

Quote from: Pete C on November 03, 2014, 12:30:02 PMWhat an idiot - I didn't read it properly and thought it was Monkees Fest !

I don't like the Monkees but to show willing I spent half the weekend trying to work out a rocky arrangement for 'Last Train to Clarksville' then realised it was songs ABOUT monkeys. Doh !
Should post it anyway - like to hear that, and I thought songs by rhe monkees would be acceptable to the fest as monkeyish :-). Mods??

recorder
Boss BR-1600

64Guitars

Quote from: bruno on November 04, 2014, 05:01:24 AMShould post it anyway - like to hear that, and I thought songs by rhe monkees would be acceptable to the fest as monkeyish :-). Mods??

No. As I've already said at least twice, songs by The Monkees are not included in this fest, with the exception of The Monkees Theme Song. If someone finds another Monkees song that has lyrics about monkeys then that would be acceptable too, but I don't know of any.

https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=22103.msg271125#msg271125

https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=15659.msg271269#msg271269

Nothing against The Monkees. I'd love to see a Monkees fest sometime in the future but this isn't it.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

ODH

Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

Hook

I have some seriously fond memories of The Monkees and would mind a fest but I'm overjoyed to exclude them here. Songs about Monkeys, it's brilliant!
Monkey On!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely