Main Menu

Dream

Started by bruno, October 25, 2014, 07:12:10 AM

bruno

Track 63 - Dream Part 1
Time:
0:00
Volume:
So more experimenting with the Kemper. It does produce a great Bass sound, as well as guitar. This time I was using the outboard effects on the Kemper for acoustic and violin, the violin with a heavy flange. The Reverb on the kemper is studio quality - I never realised what a difference it makes.

The guitar sound is Floyd patch, I think this is Gilmour's profiled amp from dark side of the moon.

Anyway, hope you like this little piece. Its a little messy, but I am experimenting with the Kemper, to see exactly what it can do.

B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Farrell Jackson

Bruno, I drool every time you post up something new done with the Kemper. It sounds fantastic and the reverb is so full and lush!

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

bruno

Thanks for the kind comment Farrell. I am more convinced now by the Kemper now that I was when I bought it. It it a fabulous piece of technology. I've struggled for years trying to get the right sounds, and could get close - but never quite the same as miking the amp. The issue for me is noise levels and neighbours, I can't really crank an amp and be fair to everyone around me. The COSM amps are really very, very good - but the BR1600 is quite an old machine now, so was pondering the POD HD and the Boss GT100 et al. But they never really seemed a major step up from the COSM effects that I already have. The Kemper is a massive step up, I'm lucky to have an understanding missus :-)

The thing that has surprised me (and is a big learn for me), is the difference the quality of the outboard effects can make. I really thought a reverb was a reverb - and the difference is quality was minimal - I was wrong! Plus plug in and play bass, without having to EQ and fiddle to get a half decent sound has been a revelation.

B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Geir

I won't even say it again how much I envy you that Kemper ... oh well .....

But what impresses me most wit this piece is your fantastic musicality !!

Impressive guitarwork !! and then there's the bass .. WOW !! But (and I've probably said it repeatedly before) THE VIOLIN !! Man I wish I had your talent bro !!!

I'm a fan !!!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Hook

You are  the coolest of the cool my brother. That violin sound might save the world one day, so cool. This like Snoopy, Joe Cool, kinda cool. I could smoke a million packs of Camel Cools and still not be as cool as this. It's like iceburg cool but even they might melt; this tune my brother will never melt!
Rock On!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Redler

So sweet piece of (relaxing) music! Your Kemper amp creates very mellow tones...top performance and production!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Groundy

First class production from you and your Kemper.....Well done   Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

Pine

Glad i didn't miss this one. great ride Bruno!

I'm sure the Kemper is worthy of all the accolades...but it's just another amp until someone with your talent plugs into it. Love your playing style...and your imagination.

That bass...wow...LOVED that fat, smooth tone!

Your riffage, as always, is tasteful. I know this was just an "experimental" post as you say but it does have a very dream like quality...and perhaps that could be even further enhanced by having your lead on autopan. Just a thought.

As for the Kemper, you didn't spend any money...you invested it!!

pine
recorder
Boss BR-1200

Jarle

Beautiful sound, tune, playing and arrangement. This is great.
recorder
Boss BR-800