"Let the Sandman take you" a Geir & ORH original

Started by Geir, October 20, 2014, 03:18:35 PM

DeificDave

Back for a second listen, this is sublime gents! Love this; ORH has the gift of sprinkling magic over music like this. This is a truly fine collaboration. The keyboards are lovely, I don't think this needs anything more added, sounds perfectly formed to me. 
"The universe is a million billion light-years wide, and every inch of it would kill you if you went there. This is the position of the universe with regards to human life." ― Martin Amis

http://www.youtube.com/user/deificd/videos

Redler

Very relaxing and beautiful! Less is more; loved the minimalistic performance! Excellent collab, gents!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Gnasty

Sounds amazing. Kept my attention all through. You two always make pro songs together.

Wish i could belt them out quick like you. Top shelf collab!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

fenderbender

What a beautiful song
great collab you two
brilliant

Tommy
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-600

Hilary

Oh yes, this is lovely - a great collab you two.
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

T.C. Elliott

The understated delivery is perfect. Man, that vocal and lyric is killer, the perfect addition. And good for you being able to add subtle to a song that calls for it. Worked beautifully.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

Jarle

This is a really beautiful song. Nice keyboards Geir, and the vocal is perfect for this.
recorder
Boss BR-800

Oldrottenhead

finally got to hear this. wifi in poland was intermittent to say the least but am now back home and have had a few listens.

i love the addition of the mellotron.

when geir sent me the ilectric piano only mix, it was so fragile and intimate, i immediately fell in love with it.

but it took a while to find my way in, a lot of time was spent on finding the words.

when the words did come, it was a nightmare to record as i was near a railway line and every time i hit record a train went rumbling by. i think i must have tried to record the vocal track about 20 times before i was able to sing all the way through with no environmental background noise.

by the time i recorded my vocal my voice was cracked. singing totally dry was also a nightmare cos there was nowhere to hide and no noise suppression.  

i think my vocal is too prominent in this mix and the fragility of the piano and mellotron are drowned out by my voice.

until today i have only been able to listen to the totally dry version that i sent geir last week and probably because i am used to hearing that version, i prefer it to this mix. but i do love this song.

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann