'Half an Acre of Dusk' - Greeny Monday Original

Started by Greeny, October 20, 2014, 04:46:18 AM

Greeny

03_TIM GREEN_Half An Acre of Dusk_FINAL
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Another folky one.

Just acoustic guitar (Takamine), uke, virtual tablas, and vocals. There's a little bell / gong at the end that I added in Audacity too.

No bass, and both the uke and guitar are recorded via the MBR's mic (hence a few extraneous 'live' noises).

Hook

I dig this, love the acoustic sound, I miss my Tak. There is a lot going on I wish I had my headphones, guess I'll have to come back. I love the meandering uke melody, I wish it were more prominent in the mix, could be my cheap computer speakers also. Great work brother.
Rock On!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Pine

Excellent new song Tim. Hints of medieval flavor at times and such a great blend of instrumental tones.

I admire the completenes of all your songs..intros, well constructed verses and choruses, and appropriate endings.

I know you're a busy guy, but could you please add the lyrics? My hearing is ever fading...and your lyrical content never disappoints.

As usual, you're writing is creative and thought provoking, your musicianship rock solid, your vocals spot on, and your arrangements done in a manner that keeps the song flowing along well and the listener engaged. Really looking forward to your upcoming album you mentioned. I am most definitely a fan!

pine
recorder
Boss BR-1200

Farrell Jackson

Greeny, I don't know how you keep your song creativity going but going strong it is! The Takamine sounds great as does the subtle Uke and Tablas. I do miss those meandering Greeny bass lines but the song is a joy to listen too as is.

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

thetworegs

I got a taste of the Medievils too great job Tim ...

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Geir

I'll never get tired of Green Mondays !!!!!

Really like your uke-work here. The whole arrangement is top notch Greeny style quality !!!

I look forward to putting your new folk-album on a cassette and bring my boomblaster out in the woods to entertain the Huldres ;D
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Flash Harry

It's Monday?

Fab. I really like the space you create. The lyrics are brilliant
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Nelson

Cool title.
I think the tablas covered nicely, the absence of bass.
I marvel at how prolific you are as an artist, while maintaining an incredible freshness and authenticity in your pieces.
It's like a cool ride every time I push play.

As always your musicianship and production, are to die for.

Excellent work... INSPIRING
recorder
Reaper

recorder
Boss BR-600

Groundy

Love these folky ones Tim, this is superb, well written and performed.....
Looking forward to next Monday....lol......Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

bruno

Love Greeny Mondays (even though this is tuesday). Trad English folk, reminds me loads of Jethro Tull. Very cool song, very enjoyable listen.
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600