Addendum,, Mr Bud

Started by MrBud, October 10, 2014, 06:25:30 PM

MrBud

Not So bad 5
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Added a bit of boost to thing song,iE; Guitar,vocal ,and believe it to be better? [hope]
Sorry,i don't mean to grandstand this tune,[please tell me if so],but i believe this is the best cut,,
Hope you enjoy..
Ideas always appreciated.
Thanks  George
Up And Adam

Groundy

Not So Bad......Its Bloody good....
Well done..............Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

Nelson

No not bad...... atall. 8)

Love the build in the intro and the guitar work throughout is outstanding.

This song / arrangement really swings and the vocal / harmonies R 2 die 4.

recorder
Reaper

recorder
Boss BR-600

Redler

Nice groove, mr bud!! Well done!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Pine

I liked this song. To my ears, it has a kind  of a classic rock feel overall, but the acoustic takes it off in a cool different direction. Vocally strong and with nice production values. Not hearing alot of bass. Being that it's pretty much a rocker, just wondering if that might give it more power and if the drum beat outro could be replaced with a tight stop. If you were the drummer and you were playing this song out, would you be comfortable ending it like this? Just a thought. Nothing at all wrong with the way it is. You asked for ideas..

Good tune Mr Bud!
recorder
Boss BR-1200

MrBud

Yes,you've got that right Re:Drums..One of my weak points is the lack of patience with drum pre-programming,,drives me nuts-- and this song i'm sure,would benefit big time with what was suggested, [the tight stop] as well as anything
beyond a set/stoic beat it now has... Worked with drummers in the past who would run circles around this,,and made it far more dynamic.
My goal,if the song stands the test of time,is to bring it into the studio at some point,and have a drummer [maybe someone here ] take a stab at it,to "set it straight"
If anyone is so inclined,let me know,and i'll put together the primary tracks with just something to keep time with,
and send it over,,love to hear what could be done!
Thank's very much,
George.

Up And Adam

MrBud

Ps: I also would love to have had real bass on this-- alas,,i'm working with a keyboard bass ,,ugh !
Up And Adam

Pine

Quote from: MrBud on October 12, 2014, 06:12:40 AMYes,you've got that right Re:Drums..One of my weak points is the lack of patience with drum pre-programming,,drives me nuts-- 

Mr Bud, you are talking to a guy who COMPLETELY understands! I have had my BR1200 7 years i think and still haven't tried the drums (pathetic) If i use drums at all, i usually do them with my fingers, usually on my keyboard when it's set to drum mode. IMHO, "No drums are better than bad drums" ...at least on my tunes.

It's a good tune...stick with your plan.

pine
recorder
Boss BR-1200