Look Through Another Eye

Started by SE, October 05, 2014, 03:17:54 PM

Pine

High marks in all categories. Solid instrumentally...nice drum work...and i liked the simple but VERY catchy little lead. Ace vox...but perhaps due to my hearing issues, it's a much more enjoyable and relaxing listen when i can read the lyrics. Can you post them? I'm sure they are as solid as everything else....

pine
recorder
Boss BR-1200

Oh yeah, this works for me and like the other guys say, that's a great bass you got going there.  Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

SE

Thanks guys for the feedback, this started with a bass track and just built it up with some keys and guitar the only thing different from usual is that I used four vocal tracks which I don't usually do.
I've added the lyrics at the top now hope this helps,

Thanks again   John
recorder
Boss BR-80

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Greeny

The bass has a very cool Arabian scale feel to it, and it makes the track. I like the way there's a dreamy psych quality to everything, but it's kept driving and punchy by the bass and drums. Feels quite 'different' for you, but it really works. The vocal layering is superb. I really love this one! For some reason it takes me back to the early 80's - kind of Killing Joke territory or something.

Glenn Mitchell

Hey! very cool stuff. I'm definitely going thru your stuff. Nice production. Good lyrics
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Cakewalk Sonar platinum

https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks

Satchwood

I'm digging this and the cool harmonic minor vibe and cool drum timings.  Your vocals sound great!
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

bruno

Great track SE. Excellent use of those more eastern scales, very well produced, and excellent vocals. Very hypnotic and trippy as well.
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

T.C. Elliott

I really hadn't noticed the bass till I noticed the "arabian" comment. Can't say I disagree, but man it does it's job very well. It holds it down and adds a lot without drawing too much attention to itself. I like the vision behind the song, the lyric isn't preachy but still gets the point across and it just sounds goods. Lots of songs are sounding good today, too. Songcrafters is a special place.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London