wait and see what comes : oldrottenhead live in the living room

Started by Oldrottenhead, October 03, 2014, 06:13:01 PM

Oldrottenhead

wait and see what comes
Time:
0:00
Volume:
a song about writer's block which had me in it's grips for about an hour today, til i put my new capo on the 7th fret of my £10 acoustic.

i sip my coffee
stare off into space
no inspiration
no muse today
you can't force it
you can't make it come
there's no magic bullet
to rely upon
we'll just have to wait
wait and see what comes
i strum my guitar
and i bang my drum
tinkle on the ivories
but still nothing comes
you can't force it
you can't make it come
there's no magic bullet
to rely upon
we'll just have to wait
wait and see what comes
wait and see what comes
w/m
by
oldrottenhead
live in the living room on his £10 acoustic guitar.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Blooby

Quote from: oldrottenhead on October 03, 2014, 06:13:01 PMa song about writer's block which had me in it's grips for about an hour today

Downloaded.

Writer's block for an hour? I find this to be comical.  When it comes to lyrics, I'm going on 49 years. And then to toss off lovely vocal within this intimate little portrait so casually... 

Talented bugger.

Blooby

Groundy

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

Redler

Only four songs/lyrics this week;) . Afterall...nice song about writing process with fine composition!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Pine

Classic ORH. I like this version better than the new one. It's got alot more emotion and shares the fragile, self doubt that most of us songwriters have. I'm sure the lyrical content here is easy to relate to for most the folks on this site. As prolific a songwriter you are, when you hit those dry spells you perhaps fear that it may be the end of the line...that the well has finally gone dry. Perhaps it will someday....but i think you still have more than a few left in you. This is coffeehouse in all it's stripped down glory. Honest and with no place to hide. Just my opinion...

pine
recorder
Boss BR-1200

Nelson

Ah Brilliantly put Jim.
Now isn't that it in a nut shell?
You can't force it, so while you're waiting around you bang about on your noise makers, as your mind wonders and you see what comes.

Writers block 4 only an hour?  What a lucky bloke.  ;D

recorder
Reaper

recorder
Boss BR-600

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann