Growing Rage - A demo LITLR War Song by Farrell

Started by Farrell Jackson, October 01, 2014, 12:33:23 PM

Farrell Jackson

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

Deleted
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Oldrottenhead

wow! great to hear you doing something stripped down like this. raw and powerful and in your face. love it bro!
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

chapperz66

Great song Farrell.  It's great as it stands and really doesn't need anything more doing to it.

But you mention it's a demo.  Are you going for a big production as well?  I can't wait to hear it.

Paul

Hook

Yeah, I dig this too brother, it really sounds great. Love your delivery, really engaging performance.
Rock On!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Farrell Jackson

Quote from: chapperz66 on October 02, 2014, 02:04:25 AMGreat song Farrell.  It's great as it stands and really doesn't need anything more doing to it.

But you mention it's a demo.  Are you going for a big production as well?  I can't wait to hear it.

Paul

Thanks ORH, Paul and Hook!

Paul, it is just demo at this stage. As I do most times, when I create a song I like to hear it stand on it's own acoustically first before I do anything else to it. I also like this stripped down version and because of all the years of gigging I suppose, I feel more connected vocally/timing/phrasing to the song when playing a guitar while singing. I should do that more often. Unfortunately (or fortunately, time will tell) in my mind I hear a much larger production. I think this just might be the opening to a prog rock song....who knows?
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Jarle

Quote from: Farrell Jackson on October 02, 2014, 08:22:24 AM......I think this just might be the opening to a prog rock song....who knows?

I hope you are not teasing me now  :D

This sounds great as an acoustic, but I would love to hear what else you could do with it.
recorder
Boss BR-800

Redler

Brilliant songwriting and fantastic performing! The chorus is very powerful. Fine job on producing as well!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Groundy

The playing and singing are brilliant as is your songwriting,

Thanks for sharing...............Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

chapperz66

Quote from: Farrell Jackson on October 02, 2014, 08:22:24 AM
Quote from: chapperz66 on October 02, 2014, 02:04:25 AMUnfortunately (or fortunately, time will tell) in my mind I hear a much larger production. I think this just might be the opening to a prog rock song....who knows?

Do It!  You know it makes sense!

Paul

Speed Demon

A tale well told. And killer-monster guitar slinging!

Magic fingers!

recorder
Boss eBand JS-8

recorder
Adobe Audition

There is room for all of God's creatures.
Right next to my mashed potatoes.