Please make allowances for my ignorance

Started by Padre, March 26, 2009, 08:26:05 AM

I only ordered my Micro Br today!
One question. When I record my first track (say Rhythm guitar) can I have that playing back as I record TR2 (say a lead guitar part)?

Greeny

Quote from: Padre on March 26, 2009, 08:26:05 AMI only ordered my Micro Br today!
One question. When I record my first track (say Rhythm guitar) can I have that playing back as I record TR2 (say a lead guitar part)?

You sure can. Whatever you record will be playing back as you build up layers through tracks 1-4. I'd suggest starting simply using 4 tracks only before exploring virtual tracks. Once you get your BR you effectively have a recording studio sitting in your hand! Enjoy!!!!  :)

Glenn Mitchell

As Greeny says you can play back 4 tracks (I'll call them Channels for clarity) that you have recorded..plus a drum track.
Then behind each "channel" button are "virtual" tracks. Think of them as "takes" 1 thru 8. and you can play any of those 8 takes in each of the 4 channels.

Then.. The best part is, once you choose the best 4 and balance them, you can "BOUNCE" (Blend) any 4 into 2 tracks leaving yourself 2 more track to work with. And you can do it over and over!
When you are happy you can then "Master" them and make an MP3 or Wave stereo.

It is so much fun your significant other will hate it!
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Cakewalk Sonar platinum

https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks

Geir

You have a lot of fun ahead of you Padre!!! Greeny's advise is good (as always) start out simple. There's a lot of help to get here if you're stuck and some good tutorial videos too.
Good luck!

G.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Thanks all looking forward to my new toy arriving.

Wiley

You will definately have fun with it.  I am a walking advertisment for the micro Br ;D