'Zombie Clown Motel' - Greeny Original

Started by Greeny, September 09, 2014, 09:03:13 AM

Greeny

06_TIM GREEN_Zombie Clown Motel
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Tanglewood Acoustic, Bass, Vocals & TJ viola all recorded on the MBR.

I watched
a hearse drifting by in the grey
to a grave
where they buried
the sun in the mud and the clay:
no-one came

and now i'm ringing the reception bell
at the zombie clown motel
faces leering in from the neon
i'm ringing the reception bell

and why am i still way down?
and why am i still way down here

a sign
on the counter says just cash:
no credit cards
and a calendar
stuck on 1952
the fifth of june

and i'm ringing the reception bell
i'm ringing the reception bell

and why am i still way down?
and why am i still way down here

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Geir

You have a great ear for fab melodies Tim.

This one is yet another one of your songs that I keep humming after it finishes.

Going back for another listen now !
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

bruno

Imaginative lyrics with a great little tune. Very nicely produced as well. Excellent.
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

fenderbender

What a class recording and song
Kinda like if the Beatles were still recording today -this would fit in big time
excellent Mr G

-love the sound of that Tanglewood and the Viola.

Tommy
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-600

Jarle

What a great tune. The viola arrangement is fabulous.
recorder
Boss BR-800

Tangled Wires

This is a stunner, listening on cans and the acoustic in particularly has a wonderful clarity and rings out beautifully in a full stereo sound.

The viola is a great addition, gives it a slight meloncholy vibe, and as per usual you got that bass bouncing along so well with your trademark punchy melodic sound

Sounded like MBR drums, until right at the end when I detected that you snuck another drum programme in there to create the ending ;)

Memorable in every sense, and onto the fourth listen.

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Blooby

I have to ask where the lyrics came from this one. They really drew me in. Really good post from you.

One thing perhaps worth trying might be to drop the viola down an octave to a cello to glue together the low end (as the bass rambles a bit). Might be too low, though.  Again, great post.

Blooby

Hook

Quote from: Geir on September 09, 2014, 11:51:54 AMYou have a great ear for fab melodies Tim.

This one is yet another one of your songs that I keep humming after it finishes.

Yep! Well done brother, excellent listen.
Rock On!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Greeny

Quote from: Blooby on September 09, 2014, 03:15:51 PMI have to ask where the lyrics came from this one. They really drew me in.

They're partly inspired by a strange novel that I wrote over 10 years ago that had Clown undertakers, and trips of dark, Americana madness. There's a bit where an Elvis impersonator is holed up in a crappy motel planning to murder his wife that has a couple references I lifted here. But overall, it was just a mood... a feeling. I remember writing the first verse as I walked to the shops in the rain. A touch of Eleanor Rigby maybe, and the fact I spent 13 years living in a cemetery (really!).

Oh... and I love zombie films and The Walking Dead!

With the viola, I decided I'd used the cello sound too much and just wanted to mix things up a bit. The viola sounds a bit unhinged, which is the effect I was after :-)