'Zombie Clown Motel' - Greeny Original

Started by Greeny, September 09, 2014, 09:03:13 AM

Greeny

Quote from: Tangled Wires on September 09, 2014, 03:08:01 PMSounded like MBR drums, until right at the end when I detected that you snuck another drum programme in there to create the ending ;)

Nope... this is all MBR drums. The end bit is one of the 'end' patterns. I don't often use them (as they don't loop very well), but it seemed to work here.

Mike_S

Really enjoyed that... lovely performance all round, especially the vocals.
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Tangled Wires

Quote from: Greeny on September 10, 2014, 02:33:49 AM
Quote from: Tangled Wires on September 09, 2014, 03:08:01 PMSounded like MBR drums, until right at the end when I detected that you snuck another drum programme in there to create the ending ;)

Nope... this is all MBR drums. The end bit is one of the 'end' patterns. I don't often use them (as they don't loop very well), but it seemed to work here.

Must have been one of them patterns that I have skipped past as have never been a fan of the "end" patterns either.

Worked perfectly in this case!

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Rata-tat-tat

Great tune Tim... Absolutely love the lyric and your delivery as a well musicality is bang on... I dig it!!!
recorder
Tascam DP-02

Redler

Brilliant job again, Tim! Really nice lyric and great melody! You did fantastic job on drum programming/arranging! On some spots this has a nice Spanish vibe (at 2:30 and on outro). Love it!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ella

WoW! What a great song- and your voice! Are you sure you're not relative to Beatles?  ;D

Satchwood

Great song man, love that catchy line "and i'm ringing the reception bell
at the zombie clown motel"  brilliant!!  why that makes me grin, i'm not quite sure lol
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Nelson

Another magnificent creation my friend.
The brightness of the mix stands in stark contrast to the over all darkness of the song.

Always love a good back story to how cool songs come about.

The fact that you got the idea from another piece of your own art, is simply wonderful.

As always you vocals and harmonies are warmed over perfection, that bass is killer and the viola(?) is icing on the cake.

recorder
Reaper

recorder
Boss BR-600

Another one from the original mind of Greeny, ticks all the boxes for me although I do have a great mistrust of clowns and as for zombie clowns. well, I think that would cause at least one involuntary bowel movement :).  Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

AndyR

Oh crumbs yes... This one hits the right buttons for me.
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1