Sleepless Night

Started by Geir, March 25, 2009, 05:16:37 PM

Geir

Sleepless night
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Wellll .. here's the deal .... I've got a new song ... well it's been in my head for quite a while but it "landed" tonight. It's really just a rough take so I can get some feedback as to where to go with it.

I apologize for any abuse of the fine English language as it's not my mother tongue. ....

Well any input is appreciated.

G.

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Wiley

You are off to a great start!   I loved it.   Your English was fine.   I think it would be nice to hear a song from all of you  in your native languages.   Kind of romantic to us country girls. LOL

Kody

I like it...You could take this one alot further~or you could leave it like it is~very cool...

I couldn't imagine singing in a different language~ I know just english~ nothing else~ I tried to learn some spanish, but gave up...Man, you have my respect! 8) 8)
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

lg

This was nice.
I liked it alot.

LG
nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!

Greeny

Did you write this? Even if English was your FIRST language, the lyrics are great. The fact that it isn't your first language makes them remarkable. I really like the feel and vulnerability of this song. The strumming pulls you in, and you have a nice tone to your voice. This is really good work!

The Reverend 48

Quote from: Greeny on March 26, 2009, 02:58:09 AMDid you write this? Even if English was your FIRST language, the lyrics are great. The fact that it isn't your first language makes them remarkable. I really like the feel and vulnerability of this song. The strumming pulls you in, and you have a nice tone to your voice. This is really good work!
Totally agree with Tim...Well Done 8)

tafka

what a great song this is. i would of liked to hear a bit more guitar.
it sounded like Gordon Gilltrap to me.
great stuff.

Tony J.
and if the sun should fail to rise against my
shoulders one last time...

Ferryman

Sounds great to me as well. Just needs bass, drums and some subtle electric guitar and you have a killer there! The lyrics are great, very impressive for soemone who does not have English as a first language.

Looking forward to the next version as you take this forward.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

guitarron

Quote from: Ferryman_1957 on March 26, 2009, 08:54:17 AMSounds great to me as well. Just needs bass, drums and some subtle electric guitar and you have a killer there! The lyrics are great, very impressive for soemone who does not have English as a first language.

Looking forward to the next version as you take this forward.

Cheers,

Nigel

agreed-i love the tone of the 12 string-what setup did you use?

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Bluesberry

Nice harmonies on the chorus.  This is excellent.  The strumming guitar sounds really good, that part at the end is great.  Great start to a super song for sure.  I am not sure where to go with this, you will know what to add if it needs anything.  I think a nice acoustic lead line would be good, a small acoustic guitar solo in the middle maybe.  That ending chord progression would sound really good done with a clean Strat sound strumming those chords.  It also sounds good just like this all stripped down.  If you put drums, bass, electric guitar, on this it will change the sound quite a bit. 

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand