Melancholy Molly (live)

Started by Daniel Storey, September 04, 2014, 05:52:32 PM

Daniel Storey

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

hi guys, recently been learning piano, just guiter/feel type stuff, no lessons etc..

written this and it blew my acoustic guitar concept wide apart...

would love to know your opinions/advice... I only have a 32key 3/4 size toy casio to practice on, hence when I got to the ivory, I didn't cover much of the fretboard(!)

'Melancholy Molly'

recorder
Boss BR-80

You can find me on facebook if you like my sounds = Danielstoreymusic

"There is a tale to be told about the outside world."

chapperz66

What a great song Daniel!  In my opinion, the piano arrangement works perfectly with the melancholy nature of the song.  Huge flourishes or arpeggios would detract from the song itself - and its the song that matters at the end of the day.

I really enjoyed listening to this - and will listen again.

Paul

Rata-tat-tat

Kewl tune Daniel. I agree with Paul... It sits quite nicely.
recorder
Tascam DP-02

cuthbert

I liked it a lot! I'm a big believer in music based on "feel" or attempting to strike a chord with the listener, and you did it here. Nice one, man.

btw, here's a link to reference on how to embed songs in the Soundcloud widget: https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?action=articles;sa=view;article=9#post_SoundCloud
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Blooby

Enjoyed the heck out of this. It took me a while to figure it out, but your voice has an Al Stewart quality to it.

Blooby

danieldesete

Thanks for sharing this perfect song Daniel, a real keeper.
hou hou ha ha