The Way it Goes

Started by ODH, September 01, 2014, 09:29:16 AM

ODH

This song, Way it Goes, forms the second part of a diptych with my other recent song, Storming Woman.  They were both written around the same time, and both under the influence of early ZZ Top (and other things).  They book-end a relationship, with this one about the demise, Storming Woman about the lusty startup.

I don't know what it says about me, but this demise part is happier and more upbeat than the startup one.

You don't have to be a genius to spot the influence of La Grange in this track, but stay with it.

I put new strings on the guitar for this one...

Way it Goes
w/m Nick / odh
Time:
0:00
Volume:

I came home late last night
My baby just came through the door
I had to ask her why
She don't love me anymore

I guess that's the way it goes

We talked it through the night
We laid our hearts out on the floor
And it was plain to see
There's no love here anymore

And that's just the way it goes
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

bruno

A real toe tapper. Great job.
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Tangled Wires

Infectious song, and yeah can hear the influence but there is also a shed load of your own style in this to distant it sufficiently from this.

Very nice change in intensity at 0.50 when it all gets a little grubbier, and loving that distorted vocal....is that a guitar effect on that?

Excellent riffage, blinding inavative solo work and some very nice subtle additions with the keys at the end.

The mildly chaotic ending with the song unravelling seemed to round it all off perfectly

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Greeny

Cor blimey! Love it when you cut loose on the solo - really explosive and a real treat. It's not a style that I would automatically associate you with, but you do it so well. The guitar tones and playing are just so good. Killer track!

Hook

Outlandishly badass!!!!! What a f&*^(g solo brother, I totally dig this gritt laden masterpiece!
Rock On!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

SwanSong

Hi Nick u really hit it on the nose. with this song. .very zztopp kind of
sound with a heavier twist   and great lyrics wonderful one of your best
in my opinion to date cheers NEIL.!

chunk

Jarle

Really cool song. Killer solo.
recorder
Boss BR-800

cuthbert

Nice one, man - you really nailed the style and yet added your own stamp on it. Crazy-good solo, too. :)
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Geir

recorder