'Straight Ahead' - Jemima's Kite Original

Started by Greeny, September 01, 2014, 01:49:48 AM

Greeny

Straight Ahead - Jemima's Kite
Time:
0:00
Volume:
This folky number was written at Geir's cabin a year ago. Geir came up with the music, and I added the words. We did a live performance of it at the time, but this (finally) is the full, recorded version.

It features (as far as I can remember...  :D)....

Geir: Acoustic guitars and Baglama

Jarle: Drums

James: Lead Vocal (plus a melodica-sounding keyboard part???)

Mike: Bass (and final song mix)

Greeny: Mandolin, lead guitar and backing vox

I'm very fond of this one as it's the first song I've written with Geir. And the lyric is about someone special (they know who they are).

maxit

ringing and marching, here it comes! whoever he be, now he has a gorgeous song - JK is a great band LOL!
recorder
Audacity

Tangled Wires

Very nice indeed, loving that hooky, and almost staccato, rhythm that is created with the acoustic guitars, Mandolin and Baglama.

The fact that you physically wrote this together gives it an extra dose of chemistry and the whole arrangement and performance is tight as hell. The drums sound great too, and I like how they sit very prominently in the mix driving it all along.

Your voices come together spectacularly well in those harmony sections, and I love the way the vocals follow the melody of the music

It becomes more and more a catchy little bugger with each listen...another JK hit for me!

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Blooby

This opening beat just makes me want to drink, and I mean that in a lederhosen-wearing kind of way.  Really nice transition into the more traditional beat. Fun all the way through.

Blooby

Flash Harry

We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

bruno

Excellent tune guys, this is a really interesting tune and production, great sounding instruments, all underpinned by excellent drums and bass.
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Oldrottenhead

it was a great privilege and honour that tim let me sing his words on this one.  i love being in jk.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Satchwood

Cool Celtic sounding rhythm and great melodies and vocals!!
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

SwanSong

Great collaboration guys well sung played the whole
nine yards..this surely is a touch down  now that football
season is here keep rocking great song NEIL.!!