'Pony Trekking in the Urals' - Greeny Original

Started by Greeny, August 29, 2014, 09:54:13 AM

Greeny

03_TIM GREEN_Pony Trekking in the Urals
Time:
0:00
Volume:
The lyric is adapted from a collab I did with henwrench some time ago, but the music is all new  :D

Mostly done in Garageband, them imported into the MBR for some Hofner Verythin electric guitar overdubs and vocals. Not my usual style, but was a nice 'holiday' from myself  ;D

The song is about the annoyance of mindless hairdressers asking where you're going on holiday...

Tangled Wires

The style may be different, but what remains consistent is the strength of the songwriting. You could present this in a number of genres and it would work, as what lies underneath is a combination of stunning melodies and hooks.

Quire weird in a way hearing a Greeny track without them old trusty MBR drums, but doubt you could have found a pattern on there that would sound as good as what you found on GB, and the mix of electronica keys is a real tasty recipe.

Funky sounding vocal too...guess you were led by the style of the music and love the swagger in your voice which is complimented even more by them harmonies.

My wife cuts my hair, so I rarely get asked that mind numbing question. ;)

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

Great song. Listening on my phone. I must go to a better hairdresser cos conversation is always inspiring.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Blooby

A fine treat. I'm loving that bass tone. So funky.

You came up with some great complimentary lines in this one.

Blooby

IanR

Cool song,

I had a haircut today.

BTW:  I think I saw your fictional song character on telly a couple of nights ago????  I'm not sure if you will be able to see it if you are not in OZ

http://www.sbs.com.au/ondemand/video/218605635852/Departures-Mongolia-Tribes-And-Tribulations

There are so many of these shows popping up on the telly at the moment. Its basically peoples' travel video diaries turned into a series. While I would like to know more about the country they visit, the presenters are usuallly unbearable.

cheers,

Ian

recorder
PreSonus Studio 1824
recorder
PreSonus FaderPort 8
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

thetworegs

Fab!! Tim you should stay on this treck it's Fab!!

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

SE

Like this lots, the drums and electronic stuff are ace as are the vox an all round cracker !!!
recorder
Boss BR-80

Redler

Very different from you and what a nice groove here! Excellent job with apps...

I have cut my hair for 15 years. I cut all off, once a week ;).
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Jarle

Different, but still up to your usual high standards. This is really funky and the bass sounds great.
recorder
Boss BR-800