Started by steelguitar, August 24, 2014, 03:12:37 AM

steelguitar

Rememberstreammixedsilence
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Hi songcrafters musicians!

Vocals : Daniel; Guitars : Jean-Sébastien;
W&M : Jean-Sébastien (with some help of Daniel on lyrics)

I find an old song I wrote 20 years before now and Daniel helped me in 2008 to work on lyrics.
I am not sure I ever posted it on songcrafters.

A song by Daniel & I so we can say it is mostly the band named recently The MAUSS (Musical Association of Unknown Super Stars ;D )
Here this version I found on my PC...

Jean-Sébastien
recorder
Boss Micro BR

"I'm sitting on a comet / Slowing speed / I'm landing on your planet / On your land of weed" Daniel (de Sète)

https://www.facebook.com/TheMAUSS

Redler

Loved the "Spanish" guitars, really good work on them! Nice melody and top class vocals! Well done MAUSS!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

steelguitar

Thanks Redler!

The "spanish" flavor comes perhaps from the chord progression...
I think that the finger picking playing give a "spanish" flavor too, and I always loved the Django Reinhardt guitar sound and technique but I don't know (and could not, even if it is a possible thing) play a bit like him!!!

Agree with you, Daniel made a remarkable vocal performance!

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"I'm sitting on a comet / Slowing speed / I'm landing on your planet / On your land of weed" Daniel (de Sète)

bruno

Lovely song, excellent performances all around. Sounds like you had fun recording this :-)
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Tangled Wires

Pure ear candy this, the guitars interweave beautifully to create a wonderful free flowing sound.

Top marks to Daniel for coming up with such a fine vocal melody and delivering it with such style. It sounds like a natural fit and integrates so well that it almost gives the impression that you wrote the music and lyrics at the same time, in fact it almost sounds like the music is responding in intensity to the vocal, rather than the other way around.

MAUSS rules!

recorder
Boss Micro BR

thetworegs

Loved both the giutar and your vocal a great find!...

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

SwanSong

Very nicely sung a great production. has a DIRE STRAITS feel and sound
cause of the vocals and guitars. either way great song enjoyed wish u
the best NEIL.!

Jarle

Great performance from both of you. I like the laid back feel to this.
recorder
Boss BR-800

steelguitar

Quote from: SwanSong on August 25, 2014, 07:01:31 PMVery nicely sung a great production. has a DIRE STRAITS feel and sound
cause of the vocals and guitars. either way great song enjoyed wish u
the best NEIL.!

Thanks you all for your comments!!
Cheers

To Neil, difficult to me to disagree with a Dire Straits sound...it is a true compliment for me, Mark Knopfler was a hero of mine and pushed me to play guitar, so...

To Tangled Wires, the vocals of Daniel fits perfectly with music, totally agree... a creative association for me :-)
Thanks for your always complete and deep comments on songcrafters

Jean-Sébastien

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Blooby

Quote from: SwanSong on August 25, 2014, 07:01:31 PMVery nicely sung a great production. has a DIRE STRAITS feel and sound

This is what I was thinking.  Lovely acoustic fills as well.

Blooby