Started by IanR, August 23, 2014, 04:19:36 AM

IanR

Joe Hockey's Mother
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Hi,

Here is a new one for you to enjoy.

I was experimenting with a new drum software program I have just downloaded called EZ Drummer 2.  It is a great program with some fantastic drum sounds and its really easy to use.  Anyway, this was one of the first drum tracks I created and with a bit of further experimenting with the geetar, I came up with the song. I was also experimenting with the bridge - it sounds like my sound system is being sick!

cheers,

Ian

EDIT: Thanks for the feedback (Tangled Wires and Hook), I have tried to tighten up the bridge section and have re-posted the song

EDIT x 2: Just in case you are wondering - the lyrics are "tongue-in-cheek".  I am not a fan of the born to rule attitude of the current Australian Government.

Joe Hockey's Mother
Words and Music by Ian Robertson 23 August 2014

Joe Hockey's mother, she should be so proud
She raised a man who could stand out in the crowd
Tony Abbot's mother, she did a wonderful thing
She bore a man to be Australia's king

They killed off the carbon tax and it aint coming back
The stopped the deficit -  it was good politics

Scott Morrisons' mother, has protected the free
She gave a gift to World Democracy
Julie Bishop's mother, has saved our souls
Her daughter cut through all the UN rigmarole

They stopped the refugees from landing in Circular Quay
She leads Security with great authority

They killed the carbon tax and it aint coming back
The killed the deficit, it was good politics
The stopped the refugees from standing in Circular Quay
They killed off scholarship without losing sleep.

recorder
PreSonus Studio 1824
recorder
PreSonus FaderPort 8
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

Tangled Wires

Excellent song, it has a really cool driving groove going on and I absolutely love the tone of that crunching rhythm guitar and the double tracked vocal.

The only slight critique I would have is regarding the breakdown at 2.12 where the kick drum sounds a little out of time with the guitar and it didn't, in my opinion, really transcend back into the verse that well at 2.30.

The drums sound very good and VERY authentic.

Given this a few listens, and it's work quite a few more.

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Hook

It is a good song Ian, I really like your lead work, especially during the intro. The bridge/breakdown need a little tweaking but I see where your going & I dig it.
Rock On!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Jarle

Great song, I really liked the double vocal and the intro.
recorder
Boss BR-800

Redler

Cool rocker, Ian!! The lead guitar riff is so cool on this! Well written and performed tune!

Ez-drums sounds very authentic!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Gritter

A rockin' tune, vocals sound great...guitars are really solid and full of attitude. Great job!

bruno

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Tangled Wires

Quote from: IanR on August 23, 2014, 04:19:36 AMI have tried to tighten up the bridge section and have re-posted the song

That's got it, it's a very cool break down.

recorder
Boss Micro BR

IanR

Quote from: Tangled Wires on August 25, 2014, 04:02:42 AM
Quote from: IanR on August 23, 2014, 04:19:36 AMI have tried to tighten up the bridge section and have re-posted the song

That's got it, it's a very cool break down.

Thanks for the feedback.

I think I may have gone a bit overboard.  I'm using distortion, flanger and compression pedals and reverb and tremolo on the amp. I liked the sound they were making but I'm not sure its right for this song.  I'll let it sit for a bit and see if I can be bothered changing it later.  I might put this song on my xmas cd for the family, so that's an incentive to go back to it later in the year.

Ian

recorder
PreSonus Studio 1824
recorder
PreSonus FaderPort 8
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

Hi Ian, well done mate, I experiment most of the time. Some you win, some you lose, this is a winner.  Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800