No Stranger - Farrell original with Frank Northcutt

Started by Farrell Jackson, August 21, 2014, 08:55:59 PM

Farrell Jackson

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

d
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Groundy

Wow Farrell, This is just superb,
So professional, really well done.....
Love the Piano........

Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

chapperz66

Classy stuff Farrell.  Fantastic clarity in the recording.  I've only listened so far through the tinny speakers in the laptop but everything is present.  I'll listen through something better later and am looking forward to it.

Vocals are great, and Frank's piano is magic.

Great collab.

Paul

Tangled Wires

This one caught my attention on the very first listen, its a very accessible song and there are some great vocal hooks in there.

The multiple vocals work so well too giving a rich layered sound and that piano work is off the chart!!

When I hear this, it makes me realise that my production skills have a long way to go!

Excellent stuff!

recorder
Boss Micro BR

MoreMuSic

Hi
thats realy a nice song with a professional
arrangement
i like it :)

Greetings from my holidays from Portugal)

Jarle

Wow, this is just fabulous. I always know I'm in for a treat when I open one of your posts Farrell, and this was no exception. Love it.
recorder
Boss BR-800

Redler

Brilliant job, fellas!! The vocals iare outstanding!! Perfect production as well and killer solo in the outro!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Hook

Fantastic my brother, this production is so professional sounding, like Tangled Wires I too might need a lesson or two. Piano sounds super sweet & once again you've claimed the back up vocal throne.
Rock On!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Farrell Jackson

Hey thanks for the good comments groundy, Paul, Tangled Wires, MoreMuSic, Jarle, Redler, and Hook! I had some difficulty mixing this. The hard part was getting each individual track to stand out in the mix without pushing their volumes. In particular with the piano and guitars because they all sit in the same frequency band. The best I could do was eqing each track slightly different and by panning them to different spots in the stereo field...it worked but not as well as I had hoped for. Thanks again!

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

SwanSong

Great song superb listen this is what hit songs are
made of congrats a great collaboration NEIL.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!