BR Explorer - trax no-show

Started by kalle, March 23, 2009, 02:04:31 AM

Recently downloaded BRXplorer. My old backups to hard drive do not show up in BRXplorer. Why?

Do I need to backup using BRXplorer for this to work?

I understand that one should be able to process tracks from backup folders on a hard drive, just as one can from a card in Micro BR.

64Guitars

BR Explorer will allow you to browse any memory card backups on your hard drive, regardless of whether they were made with BR Explorer or not. A "backup" is the complete contents of a memory card which have been copied to another location such as a hard drive, as described in Section 6 of the Micro BR manual. To see the contents of a backup, you must first select the parent folder of the backup in BR Explorer's Disk Browser panel. By that I mean, the folder which contains the ROLAND folder. The ROLAND folder must contain all of the files and folders which existed in it on the memory card. For example, if you backed up your memory card to a folder on your hard drive called "C:\Boss BR\Backups\MySongs", then the folder structure would look something like this:

C:\
   Boss BR\
           Backups\
                   MySongs\
                           ROLAND\
                                  BR0\
                                      SONG0000.BR0\
                                                   ARRANGE3.BR1
                                                   EFFECTS3.BR1
                                                   SONGINF2.BR0
                                                   SONGPRM.BR1
                                                   TAKE_DAT.BR0
                                                   TAKE_DT1.BR0
                                                   TAKE_DT2.BR0
                                                   TAKE_EVT.BR0
                                      SONG0001.BR0\
                                                   ARRANGE3.BR1
                                                   EFFECTS3.BR1
                                                   SONGINF2.BR0
                                                   SONGPRM.BR1
                                                   TAKE_DAT.BR0
                                                   TAKE_DT1.BR0
                                                   TAKE_DT2.BR0
                                                   TAKE_EVT.BR0
                                      CARDPRM.BR1
                                      DISKINF2.BR0
                           MP3\

If the backups on your hard drive have this structure, then simply select the folder "MySongs" in BR Explorer's Disk Browser panel to view information about the songs contained in that backup. When you select the parent folder of any valid BR backup, the letters "BR" will appear in the lower left corner of BR Explorer. If these letters do not appear, then you have either selected the wrong folder or your backup is not valid (files are missing or the folder structure is not as it was on the memory card) and BR Explorer will not be able to show any song information.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert M. Pirsig