Faith ( Kenny b / oldrottenhead / bruno )

Started by Kenny B, July 28, 2014, 12:16:20 PM

Kenny B

Faith
Time:
0:00
Volume:
"Faith"

Completed with alotta help from my friends ...

I wrote the first few verses and oldrottenhead finished the rest.

Bruno added the lead guitars and backing vocals.

Thanks guys!!!

Kenny B.
recorder
Zoom MRS-1266
recorder
Boss Micro BR

bruno

I really like everything about this track, even from the first listen way back, thanks Kenny for asking to collab on this track, apologies that it took so long for me to add my bits. Collaboration is really the best thing about this site - I had a lot of fun with this, and inspired me to get my music production back into gear.

;D :D :D :D

B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

chunk

Geir

Oh yeah. This is just fab.

Love the sparse arrangement that sounds so full ... If that makes any sense ...

Great music, the fruit of a collab ...

More please
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Satchwood

Wow, yes, mighty fine, Fantastic Collaboration.. like a super-group for sure!! i'm diggin it...
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Hook

Alright alright alright, this is a great track, the mood and those syncopated accent sections are very cool. Vocals/lyrics are outstanding (No new horizons....awesome!) and those solos are badass my brother!
Rock On!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Redler

Fantastic song! Loved the composition and the FEEL! Superb job on drums/rhythm track - nice fills! Brilliant job, gents!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Tangled Wires

Quote from: Geir on July 28, 2014, 01:39:14 PMLove the sparse arrangement that sounds so full ... If that makes any sense ...

That's what struck me on the first listen...how the hell do you make something sound so huge with so little....pretty amazing.

It was actually on my second listen that I started to pick on on all the subtle nuances scattered throughout the track, the clever use of the guitar counter melody notes between the vocal lines in the verses in particular is a very clever and effective inclusion.

The musical breakdowns between verses and choruses sound epic, kind of medieval feel to it

Very impressive lead guitar work, loving that tone and Jim's smooth, almost spoken, vocal fit's like a glove

Can't really say too many good things about this song, its an outstanding piece of work by you all.

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Bluesberry

This right here..........this is what I love............about this site.........what a great song.......I love the bass pushing the melody along..........flipping hell solo's ..........flipping hell.........Jim doing wonders with the vox.........solos....tone....notes......beauty........really good strong music Kenny.....I love this one, thats for sure...........outstanding, sounds so totally pro too............a very exciting track guys.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Kenny B

Quote from: bruno on July 28, 2014, 01:32:15 PMapologies that it took so long for me to add my bits.

You kiddin me?  Would've waited forever for your epic leads ...  ;D ;D ;D

Quote from: Tangled Wires on July 29, 2014, 06:10:26 AMthe clever use of the guitar counter melody notes between the vocal lines in the verses in particular is a very clever and effective inclusion.

Ohh those are pulsating guitars by Bruno ... I did my best to mix them with the several synth tracks I created but some stuff got buried as the song progressed.
recorder
Zoom MRS-1266
recorder
Boss Micro BR