Glastonbury 2014

Started by ODH, June 27, 2014, 04:23:10 PM

ODH

Interpol were good.  That's the sort of band I'd like to be in.

Looking forward to catching up with the Blondie set.

Not that brilliant a line up though, from what I can see.

Are any of our ranks there?
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Oldrottenhead

I thought Paolo nutini was very good but that is all I've seen
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Tangled Wires

Seen a few bits this evening.

As much as I have been a fan of theirs for some time now, I found Elbow pretty dull and predictable, and am kind of bored with "One Day Like This" which they always seem to end their sets with.

Lilly Allen was looking rather fine though ::)

recorder
Boss Micro BR

thetworegs

Quote from: oldrottenhead on June 27, 2014, 04:28:10 PMFlash harry is there
i'm sure i saw the back of his head when the Kaiser chiefs were on...Bobbing up and down!!

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

kenny mac

No cars go,,,,,,,,Arcade fire  amazing

Oldrottenhead

was really disappointed by arcade fire, the where very lacklustre and i agree with tw re elbow, that was a yawn.

metallica wtf???? at glastonbury???  oh dear... i know i am gonna upset some people here (sorry eric) but they made the rolling stones look trendy.

bryan ferry was quite sad to see, was like a good looking ozzy but only slightly more in tune than him.

best bits ive seen so far today ... jack white was stunning

as where goldfrapp but not enough time given to them.

oh and that jake bugg ... i still don't get that at all, even tho i am a big george formby fan.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann

Oldrottenhead

was expecting pixies to be disappointing but they where great, but mogwai caught me off guard completely they where awesome.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann

fenderbender

Watched a bit of Bryan Ferry
great drummer in the band -- ;D ;D ;D ;D
wished he did'nt do the whistling bit in Jealous guy .
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-600

AndyR

I'd heard of Arcade Fire... thought I'd give em a go... utter utter pants... so much so, switched off and went to bed.

Last night I watched Robert Plant's set on iplayer. After a dodgy start with his voice, I was pleasantly surprised/impressed. Found myself wondering whether Jimmy Page was watching... Led Zeppelin unlikely to play again because Mr Plant regards what they did as a "young man's game" ... and here he was doing a 70-80% Led Zeppelin set, complete with moves... :D

Haven't seen the Metallica set yet, but I've heard word along the lines of "at last! something worth watching!!" from people who I wouldn't have expected to like them - so I might actually give it a go myself (not a huge fan of their stuff).

Meanwhile, holding ourselves in readiness for Dolly this afternoon. I've been a Dolly widower for two nights running now - Mrs R was at O2 both Friday and Saturday night... I nearly went yesterday, but I spent it struggling with piano and bass parts in the broom-cupboard instead.

Don't tell Mrs R that Bryan Ferry was on - we'd have to watch that as well!
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1