World Cup 2014

Started by Tangled Wires, June 08, 2014, 04:06:44 PM

Tangled Wires

Quote from: alfstone on June 21, 2014, 01:54:28 AMNorth Korea...Slovakia...now Costa Rica....

Usual great match of Italy against the GREATS of world soccer...

>:( :( :o :-\

Alfredo

Yep, Italy really do blow hot and cold in World Cup's, and as good as they were against England they were equally as poor against Costa Rica.

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Tangled Wires

Quote from: Hilary on June 21, 2014, 02:47:00 AMMy son's friend said (last week) - I'm going to support England till they get knocked out and then support Brazil . . .

Good to have a back up plan when you are an England fan ;D ;D

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Greeny

Please Italy... Beat Uruguay so that we can at least have the pleasure of seeing Suarez crying / gnawing his own arm at the final whistle.

Apart from England, it's been - in footballing terms - the best World Cup I can remember. Even better than Argentina '78.

Oldrottenhead

i feel for my english friends, but just count yourself lucky that scotland aren't your national side.

even with the low expectations we have of them, it is still a painful experience to watch them fall at every hurdle.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

alfstone

Quote from: Greeny on June 21, 2014, 04:47:30 AMPlease Italy... Beat Uruguay so that we can at least have the pleasure of seeing Suarez crying / gnawing his own arm at the final whistle.

The general feeling here is that the Italy car has no fuel anymore...the small amount available, they used it all for England...

It won't be easy at all, I fear...

:-\

Alfredo

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Logic Pro
recorder
Adobe Audition
http://soundcloud.com/alfredo-de-pietra 
http://www.flickr.com/photos/26939208@N03/

Tangled Wires

Quote from: Greeny on June 21, 2014, 04:47:30 AMApart from England, it's been - in footballing terms - the best World Cup I can remember. Even better than Argentina '78.

Fully concur with that, pretty much every game has been full of free flowing attacking football and has been a complete contrast to 2010. Yet another cracking game tonight between Ghana and Germany..it just seems to be one of them tournaments.

Argentina '78 was the first World Cup I got into and can vividly remember watching the games in Cumbernauld with the Scottish half of our family and really believing that Ally's Army were going to do the business. There was the false dawn when Joe Jordan scored the opening goal against Peru only for them to eventually lose 3-1, and then of course the glory of the Archie Gemmill goal against Holland.

I remember the ticker tape and how we all went out and brought plastic replica World Cup '78 footballs and pretended we were Mario Kempes.

Was that really 36 years ago...god I feel old :o :(

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Mike_S

I have some very vague memories of the 78 world cup. the 82 world cup however i remember very well. i made a huge impact on me. the brazil team were unbelievably talented but outfoxed in the end by a solid but negative italy team. there was so many little mini dramas in that world cup. this one seems to be the best one since then i think so far anyway.
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oldrottenhead

Quoteand then of course the glory of the Archie Gemmill goal against Holland.
i can remember our house physically shaking from the roars of the neighbours in our street, in reaction to that goal.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Tangled Wires

Quote from: Mike_S on June 21, 2014, 04:11:17 PMI have some very vague memories of the 78 world cup. the 82 world cup however i remember very well. i made a huge impact on me. the brazil team were unbelievably talented but outfoxed in the end by a solid but negative italy team. there was so many little mini dramas in that world cup. this one seems to be the best one since then i think so far anyway.

I also remember it being the World Cup where England wore one of their most iconic kits..

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Mike_S

ah yeah i remember that. keegan came on as a sub and wasn't fully fit. he missed a header he would normally have scored. nice kit though!!
recorder
iPad GarageBand