Main Menu

Strange Tale

Started by Bluesberry, June 08, 2014, 03:14:58 PM

Bluesberry

Strange Tale (160)
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Here is my new one, had a few hours today to finish it off (after cutting the grass of course).  My usual songwriting method of late, start on acoustic, work out the chords, then grab the IPad and layer on Keys until my brain hurts, add electric guitar, more keys, more guitar, bass from IPad and finally the vocals (done last night), after scratching my head for weeks on end over lyrics, more keys.........etc.  On and off over the last 2 months and here it is....................

Strange Tale
Seagull Acoustic, Les Paul (Guitar tuning: Double Drop D)
Ipad for all Keyboards and bass
BR-1200 for drums and recording
lyrics/music Dave Berry

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oldrottenhead

at 28 secs or there  abouts, i thought to myself FMGWABP

at 1.16 i thought we are not worthy.

fabulous dave.

and at 2.34 i thought  thank you dave, all my gear is going in the bin.

yah bugger. it's braw tell yer maw.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Tangled Wires

I approach every new BB post with part excitement and part trepidation. The excitement is because it is a new song from one of my favourite Songcrafters, and the trepidation occurs due to my hopes that it will live up to my high level of expectation that you music has set over the years

Yet again you have produced a song of the highest quality, right from that opening sweet acoustic sound and soloing electric this grabbed me and from then on it was a glorious journey of beautifully layered music with that soft but powerful vocal leading it all.

As for that vocal, I must say that this is almost unrecognisable from your early songs on here, you can hear the confidence in your delivery and there is no forcing anything and it all sounds so damn smooth.

Bloody brilliant!

recorder
Boss Micro BR

thetworegs

This Fab!! Dave.... That vocal is smooth .....the whole thing is excellent ...Love it!!

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

taffsdad

Why do we when listening to music or viewing Art always have to compare to something....? one of my favourite guitar sounds is early Marc Bolan...I hear it in this, love the song.....it kind of resonates, can see myself in the lyrics.....would love to know how your using the ipad as an instrument.....I love ipad, use it all the time, for Art music recording even eat my dinner off it...well na that's me being, as my wife would put it STUPID...lol, glad Im getting the hang of this...although there are an awful lot of icons above which I have no clue what they do....
Be Kind Rewind

cuthbert

Wow…you've been knocking them out of the park lately, BB!

The care you put into making this is evident - so much attention to detail, and everything in its proper place. Love the sound of your vocals, the Seagull, and that smooth lead. Fantastic strings popping in around 3:30 or so. I'm rambling a bit. Downloading now for further listening. :)
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

T.C. Elliott

Is that vocal an effect (like chorus) or is it double tracked or simply doubled with a slight delay on it? Whatever it is, it sure works for me. I like the understated lead line a lot. It works beautifully in this track.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

Blooby

What an unexpected chorus. I'm loving the leads as well.  I need to put away my single coil pickups for a while.

Blooby

Jarle

This is an awesome piece of music. So well arranged and written. I love it.
recorder
Boss BR-800

Redler

Brilliant composition!! You've done excellent job here! Ah...those guitars, loved the leads and solos! Loved the voice, too!

Excellent, Dave!!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR