Main Menu

Strange Tale

Started by Bluesberry, June 08, 2014, 03:14:58 PM

thetworegs

Back for some more....just loving this Dave..

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Geir

Man I love this !!!!

Dave, whatever you do to come up with the ideas to your songs these days, don't change a thing. It sure works !!!

This is magic !

So many details and so exceptionally well put together to make this wonderful musical painting.

MAGIC

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

kenny mac

Absolutely fantastic ,well done.
I'm loving that smooth vocal.
Bravo

SwanSong

Simply marvelous well worth the 2 plus months of putting
the song together. the vocals are doing great also  love
the backin instruments well done congrats NEIL.!

Bluesberry

Thanks everyone, I am glad to hear the reaction from this one, I struggle betwen putting too much in vs not enough....I am really attracted to songs with full sound and layers of sound below the vocals,  as Geir mentions, its a little bit like painting with sounds, layers upon layers until the picture starts to emerge.  That seems to be one of my favorite recording methods.  Tricky to get it just right.

Quote from: T.C. Elliott on June 08, 2014, 06:14:26 PMIs that vocal an effect (like chorus) or is it double tracked or simply doubled with a slight delay on it?

As for the vocal, on this one I triple tracked it, I sang it through 3 times, put one right in the middle, and the other two L50% and R50% and knocked the volume down about 20% and added a little extra reverb on those ones.  I really like the way it thickens up my vocals and blends them into the rest of the sounds going on in the track.  I was reading about how they do vocals nowadays, and sometimes they will track 6 or even more individual vocal tracks, and blend them all in together with panning etc to create the big vocals you hear (Foo Fighters do this for example), so I was experimenting a bit with it.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

fenderbender

Just listened on headphones Dave
tip top recording
super vocals and backing
great guitar playing

what really stands out for me is the way everything sits so sweetly on the bass-

my hat off to you Dave.

Tommy
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-600

Hilary

Oh yes, definitely a piece of art Dave - everything in it's place. I liked the husky vocals. Gonna have another listen later with headphones.
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

bruno

Excellent BB, great sound - love the vocals, melodic lead and underpinned by a great acoustic sound. Lovely.
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

The Reverend 48

Wow Dave you have hit this right out the ball park
Everything is spot on
Your vox blew me away
Great stuff
Well worth the flying visit

Greeny

Wow, Dave. This is special. The vocal technique works a beauty, and I love those pre-chorus and chorus shifts. In fact, lots of lovely sections and changes that take the listener on an unexpected journey. Then that smooth, expressive solo kicks in - twice! Talk about icing on the cake. And I'll be singing that 'higher you get' refrain all day now. Brilliantly crafted work.