There's a Monster in my Head Tonight

Started by The Gobi Desert Canoe Club, May 29, 2014, 10:30:13 AM

There's a Monster in my Head Tonight
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Just a quickie to get my hands working again after the hols. Hope you enjoy.  Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

Hook

I dig it brother & I really like he way you've been using the synths in your tunes lately.
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

SwanSong

HI Willie. very intriguing title. really enjoyed the song. all of your
songs of most recent seem to be really upbeat. wonderful lyrics.
and nice vocals and instruments well played cheers NEIL.1

Greeny

The synths are really working for you - it gives everything a nice sheen. Another great track, and the guitar of course is killer. A monster song!

Tangled Wires

I do also like the way you have brought synth's into some of your recent songs, it allows you to create a different mood and vibe to your songs whilst still maintaining your stylish sound

The the two synth parts blend together is also impressive, one playing the chord progressions and the other playing a melody over the top.

The guitar work and vocal are up to your usual high standard, and I like the fact that you have the drums sitting slightly back in the mix, relentlessly motoring along.

Nice one Willie.

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Kenny B

Cool tune Willie ... I agree ... the synth works well ... NICE!!!

kb
recorder
Zoom MRS-1266
recorder
Boss Micro BR

T.C. Elliott

That bass line sounds great. All phasey and stuff. (That's technical talk.) How'd you do it? Synth patch? Anyway, you grabbed me with the title but I just can't get over that bass sound. (Yup synth patch, everyone keeps referring to it (i just read another comment.)) ( Oh, wait the synth lines in addition sound good to. Was that what they were referring to? Dagnabit, you've got me all confused because of all the good parts.) Oh and that guitar tone on the lead lines is cool, too.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

kenny mac

I could see Bowie doing this one.
A brilliant new sound scope for you willie.
Keep them coming. :D

Nelson

Quote from: Greeny on May 30, 2014, 01:58:32 AMThe synths are really working for you - it gives everything a nice sheen.

Love the feel of this one Willie... the lyrics and your vocal performance are spot on.
recorder
Reaper

recorder
Boss BR-600

steelguitar

Nice song!

Synths fits well with that song, well done vocal performance!

Jean-Sébastien
recorder
Boss Micro BR

"I'm sitting on a comet / Slowing speed / I'm landing on your planet / On your land of weed" Daniel (de Sète)

https://www.facebook.com/TheMAUSS