'Mothership' - Greeny Original

Started by Greeny, May 27, 2014, 03:21:08 AM

Greeny

TIM GREEN_Mothership_new version
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Started off with a full acoustic, electric, bass and drum arrangement, but got stripped back. Way back. Now it's just two layers of Takamine acoustic recorded through the MBR mic (OnBoard1 setting), vocals and mandolin. The backing vocals were done live, so it was all recorded in 4 tracks. It sounded nice and fresh like that. I'm really happy with it now, and I don't get to say / think that very often  :D

henwrench

It's so cool when stuff turns out in a way that pleases you yourself. And the reliance on purely capturing the air being moved always leaves the listener moved. Great stuff!!

henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Geir

Oh my .... this is good !!! Fabulously good !

Love the clear sound of the stringed instruments and the vocals are fabulous.

This is special !

Fan!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Hook

very cool tune, I like the acoustic sound and the jangly rhythm. I'm only listening on my laptop speakers, which are better than most but still not good. With that said that mandolin part got a little lost & I wanted to hear it more, could be I'm not hearing the panning though. I'll try to come back later with headphones.
Rock On!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Ted

I love the rhythmic interplay between the guitar and mandolin.

I can imagine the bass and drums -- I'd like to hear them -- but it stands on it's own quite well without them.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Oldrottenhead

jings crivvens and help ma boab, this one's a belter, saw it on my phone earlier so had read comments but couldn't get to hear it till now. fabulous tim. pipod bound.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Oldrottenhead

2nd listen and it just gets better. fmgwabp.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Jarle

This is just fabulous. So well arranged, it works really well acoustic. I don't miss anything.
recorder
Boss BR-800

Bluesberry

Sweet song, I love the lyrics....mothership of love........indeed........you have captured a fantastic guitar/mando moment here.  A nice nod to folky psychedelic mood here.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Flash Harry

It works so well, deceptively simple sounding, lovely structure, great recording, arrangement is spot on.

Vox are perfect.

Brill Tim.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.