The Moon (so full of life)

Started by Nelson, May 17, 2014, 01:54:24 PM

henwrench

Quote from: Satchwood on May 17, 2014, 08:25:44 PMI love your songs NELSON...!.! 

Quote from: Jarle on May 18, 2014, 05:02:15 AMI love it.

Quote from: Willie on May 18, 2014, 10:14:59 AMI think if it were possible to get a voice transplant, yours would be the model I would choose, it's just so expressive. 

Quote from: oldrottenhead on May 18, 2014, 10:21:56 AM....................that voice just knocks me dead every time.

Quote from: T.C. Elliott on May 18, 2014, 08:41:07 PMYeah, I'm beginning to be a fan of your work, Nelson. I mean I liked it before, but I've been impressed of late.

Quote from: Greeny on May 19, 2014, 02:42:39 AMIts so real... so soulful.

Quote from: Geir on May 19, 2014, 05:22:56 AMReal music

Real voice

Quote from: SwanSong on May 20, 2014, 02:12:09 PMperhaps is one of your best in my opinion . but enjoy all of your songs.

That says it all.....you are a fuckin' talent...

henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Redler

So beautiful and melodic!! Great songwriting and performing, as always MR. Nelson! The chorus is so brilliant! The cello is icing on the cake! Loved your song!!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Hook

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Farrell Jackson

Great voice, emotional story, excellent arrangement. Mr. Nelson you have knocked this one way out of the ball park!

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Bluesberry

Holy crap man, this one just grabbed me fully......I hit play, not really thinking about much......just a little taste of Mr.Nelson..........BAM........sucked right in.........might I say it.......dare I say it........is it even possible..........YOUR FLIPPING BEST EVER...........damn man, you are really hitting your songwriting stride..........perfection............I LOVE IT MAN.......love it

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Hook

Brother man, I can't add anything to the plethora of comments already made but this is an amazing song. So well done, I love the violin & your voice is so captivating, well done brother!
Rock On!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

steelguitar

Wonderful song

Superb melodic line, the voice, as indeed said, is emotional.
Reminds me a singer named Brendan Croker, singing in the 90's with the Notting Hillbillies.
I especially like the choeurs and arrangement for the different vocals.

Piano performance is cool.

For the composition, the chord progression is excellent, as some ballads of  JJ Cale

Sincerely, bravo!

Jean-Sébastien

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"I'm sitting on a comet / Slowing speed / I'm landing on your planet / On your land of weed" Daniel (de Sète)

https://www.facebook.com/TheMAUSS

Tangled Wires

I count, among my many highlights during my time on Songcrafters, the fact that I have been one of the relatively privalaged few to have had the pleasure to hear your wonderful music Nelson.

This song, along with many others, just stops you in your tracks, and I could never ever tire of hearing your silky smooth and soulful voice.....it is an instrument which many of us would like at our disposal.

Beautiful interplay between the piano and the acoustic guitar parts, and when the Cello kicked in it just added the perfect ending to a simply outstanding song.

This is so deserving of a larger audience Nelson.

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Flash Harry

At last...  Pause... Click...

Ah that voice,

Superb. Others have said all I can say.

Real, real, real.

Hey world, this guy sings it like he see's it. Listen and see life through his eyes. You may learn something.

We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Greeny

Hey, Mr. Nelson... can you tell we all like this one?! ;-)