You're Always Gone Again

Started by Pharoah246, May 17, 2014, 11:47:34 AM

Jarle

I prefer the acoustic version. It sounds purer and more authentic.
recorder
Boss BR-800

Bluesberry

Ah yeah, the acoustic version wins it for me......all the way.  As an acoustic song, it is totally wicked, fantastic bit of acoustic playing, so full of feeling.  I don't know why, but it looses some of that with the electric version, i sounds more generic kind of blues song.  The acoustic version sounds so fresh and mighty fine.  Wicked guitar playing man.  You voice sounds better on the acoustic version too.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Pharoah246

Quote from: Bluesberry on May 21, 2014, 06:49:32 PMAh yeah, the acoustic version wins it for me......all the way.  As an acoustic song, it is totally wicked, fantastic bit of acoustic playing, so full of feeling.  I don't know why, but it looses some of that with the electric version, i sounds more generic kind of blues song.  The acoustic version sounds so fresh and mighty fine.  Wicked guitar playing man.  You voice sounds better on the acoustic version too.

Sweet, that's what I figured too. Thanks a ton!
Check out my free online EP "An Inside Sunrise" on SoundCloud here: https://soundcloud.com/luke-williams-83/sets/demos

Bluesberry

I was thinking about it some more and I realized the electric version sounds a bit empty.  It feels like it needs the full band treatment, the guitar with bass and drums to make it come alive.  Then it would be deadly, and a real nice bluesy solo.  Thats what the electric version seems to need (IMO), my brain is wanting the hear the full blues band treatment over it.  It is a wicked song, anyway you lay it out.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Pharoah246

Quote from: Bluesberry on May 21, 2014, 06:54:17 PMI was thinking about it some more and I realized the electric version sounds a bit empty.  It feels like it needs the full band treatment, the guitar with bass and drums to make it come alive.  Then it would be deadly, and a real nice bluesy solo.  Thats what the electric version seems to need (IMO), my brain is wanting the hear the full blues band treatment over it.  It is a wicked song, anyway you lay it out.

Yea I see what you're saying, and I totally agree. For whatever reason electric guitar doesn't seem to stand alone in a blues setting very well, at least for us. Maybe one day that'll happen, but for now I do prefer the acoustic version better.
Check out my free online EP "An Inside Sunrise" on SoundCloud here: https://soundcloud.com/luke-williams-83/sets/demos

T.C. Elliott

Boo! Hiss! Boo, hiss! To quote Captain Beefheart, " EeeeeeLECTtttttttttttriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiccccccccccccccccciiiiitttty!"

Okay, yeah, acoustic is good, too.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London