A bit of an experiment...

Started by Johnny Robbo, May 16, 2014, 10:04:10 AM

Johnny Robbo

Quote from: Nelson on May 17, 2014, 08:41:35 AMPro stuff all the way Johnny.

You should be out on the road in a band or booked solid with studio sessions.

Thanks Nelson. I'm pretty much retired from live work as it's too patchy to earn a regular living from it unless you're right at the top tier of the industry. Also my lack of a driving licence is a logistical headache when it comes to being  "on the road" (well into double figures for failed driving tests, I'm afraid). I do some recording work, but again that's patchy as heck - I treat it as a bonus when it comes along. I don't do so bad... I teach about 20 students a week & it pays the mortgage and also allows me time to write & record my own stuff which sells in small quantities - again anything I earn from my music is a bonus... it's paid for the occasional holiday or eased the pain of a nasty gas bill from time to time. Beats working for a living, anyway  ;D
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Adobe Audition

"The English may not like music, but they absolutely love the noise it makes." Sir Thomas Beecham

http://www.jrguitar.co.uk http://johnrobsonmusic.co.uk

Gnasty

Experiment? That sounded like the theory of relativity rediscovered.
I have many influences and it sounds like you have the same ones i do. No need to name names, but you are an adverse amazing player Johnny. It`s so full sounding all the way through. Love your tasteful ascending and descending licks throughout. So glad you joined. I love these kind of songs. Your making me get off my butt to make one too.

Awesome job! And glad to hear someone is making money. I do have a real job! Blah!  :D
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Farrell Jackson

Absolutely professional work here all the way! I like your versatile symphonic guitar style....again it's pro all the way! 

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Nelson

Quote from: Johnny Robbo on May 17, 2014, 08:53:54 AM
Quote from: Nelson on May 17, 2014, 08:41:35 AMPro stuff all the way Johnny.

You should be out on the road in a band or booked solid with studio sessions.

Thanks Nelson. I'm pretty much retired from live work as it's too patchy to earn a regular living from it unless you're right at the top tier of the industry. Also my lack of a driving licence is a logistical headache when it comes to being  "on the road" (well into double figures for failed driving tests, I'm afraid). I do some recording work, but again that's patchy as heck - I treat it as a bonus when it comes along. I don't do so bad... I teach about 20 students a week & it pays the mortgage and also allows me time to write & record my own stuff which sells in small quantities - again anything I earn from my music is a bonus... it's paid for the occasional holiday or eased the pain of a nasty gas bill from time to time. Beats working for a living, anyway  ;D

Ah.... That's good to hear. It's working for you and not the other way around.

My mother went through her whole life without a driver's license and guess who's the chauffeur?

BINGO   

ME

All the best
recorder
Reaper

recorder
Boss BR-600

T.C. Elliott

Sounds killer. I hear some Gilmore in there in places which I like as well.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London