'You're the Weirdo' - JK Original

Started by Greeny, May 09, 2014, 07:41:23 AM

Greeny

You're the Weirdo - Jemima's Kite_mix2
Time:
0:00
Volume:
This jazzy little f*cker came to us as a fully formed uke and vocal piece by Mr Higgins. Geir and I added rhythm guitars and backing vox (me left channel, Geir right), and Jarle and Mike added drums and bass respectively. There is also some whistling and 'human trumpet', along with a needle on vinyl intro.

Was a really fun one to do. A personal JK fave  ;D

thetworegs

True your not a weirdo .......your a bunch of weirdo's .......what do you call a number of weirdo's ...a Waggle???...a waggle of weirdos thats what you are .......catchy song......it creeps inside and before long your singing along like a weirdo ....whatch out its contagious  ;D Bravo!! Chaps

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Oldrottenhead

first time getting to hear this, was reading all the emails as each part was added but frustratingly my internet connection on my phone was crap so was unable to hear how it was progressing, and there is another finished jk song i haven't heard yet either.

love what you bunch of weirdos have done with the daft wee tune i sent you.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Redler

I'm loving that laid back jazzy feel!! Very nice tune! Whistling and humming spots puts smile on my face!!! PiePod bound absolutely! I'm sure this will become a JK classic!!! JK surprised me again.
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Bluesberry

Quote from: thetworegs on May 09, 2014, 08:05:36 AMTrue your not a weirdo .......your a bunch of weirdo's .......what do you call a number of weirdo's ...a Waggle???...a waggle of weirdos thats what you are .......catchy song......it creeps inside and before long your singing along like a weirdo ....whatch out its contagious  ;D Bravo!! Chaps
I couldn't have said better myself ;D Bravo!! Chaps

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Flash Harry

We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

cuthbert

A weirdo's what? ;)

I really love this. It reminds me of some of Harry Nilsson's later work, when he was playing with superstar musicians making fun songs where you could hear all the good times in the finished song. It sounds like you were all together in the same room for this.

Love the uke, the whistling, harmonies, drums, bass, vocals - the works. That bit of vinyl at the beginning was a really nice touch. Well done, guys.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Tangled Wires

Well, I can't stand Jazz music but I love this!

A real foot tapper, and a really cool departure in style and sound for JK.

Listening with cans and those backing vocals sound so sweet in full stereo effect, and like Cuth has pointed out, it does sound like you were all together in the same room recording this (think I have said that before :))

When I read there was some human trumpet in it, I was fully expecting my ears to be vibrating with the sound of some air biscuits :o :o.......glad is wasn't mind ;)

Second new JK track of the evening for me...both belters!

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Nelson

What a very cool production, I listened through cans, as well.
Bravo to all involved.
Sounds like you all were having a ball in the same room recording.
oops... Already been said... twice... Oh well the truth is the truth, eh?

Such an enjoyable / fun spin.  

Sort of reminds me of the theme song from "The Courtship of Eddie's Father"    :)

Very cool guys

JK ROCKS
recorder
Reaper

recorder
Boss BR-600

Satchwood

Weirdo's taking it to the next beautiful Weird-O Level!!  Hell their adding whistling now to ukey playing lol  did you guys use an ole kazoo ?
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)