so let's agree to disagree by Jemima's Kite

Started by Oldrottenhead, May 06, 2014, 03:00:58 AM

Oldrottenhead

so let's agree to disagree 160kbps
Time:
0:00
Volume:
this song started off as a wee tune i had in my head and so before i forgot it i recorded it live in the bathroom https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=20944

tim heard it and suggested we do the song as a full blown jemima's kite song.

i told him to go for it.

tim then created a longer version as a backing track on guitar and keys, for the rest of us to add to.

i then sang the lead vocals, i might add after a very drunken night so my voice was very fragile. tim then added backing vocals.

mike then added some bass.

i then added the spoken intro.

jarle added drums and percussion.

and geir added some tasty lead guitar.

mike then did the final mix.

i think that is how it happened but i'm sure the other's will agree to disagree with my account.

once upon a time
there was two lads
one was always left
the other always right
and one was always black
and one was always white
and never
in the middle
could they meet
so they agreed
to disagree

well you have your views
and i have my mine
you won't be budged
and nor will i
so let's agree to disagree
it's the only way we'll get on
so don't get angry and lose
your cool
you'll only end up looking like a fool
it's the only way i can see
to go on
w/m
Oldrottenhead
Greeny: guitars, keys, backing vox and arrangement
oldrottenhead: lead vocals
Flash Harry: Bass and final mix and mastering
Jarle: Drums and percussion
Geir: Lead Guitar
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Redler

Nice job by all of you!!! Flash has done really fantastic job on mix/mastering!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

bruno

Cool track and collaboration. Very creative - and very cool mix, really lively and punchy.
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Tangled Wires

Loving the slightly languid and laid back feel of this, and as ever with a JK track it sounds as if you were all together writing and recording this, such is the connection with each of your contributions

Mix wise there is lots going on here, but such it the quality of the production that it allows every part to be picked out clearly...no mean feat.

Having had the services of a real drummer for the past couple of years I can say that it makes a huge difference, and although many of us have been faithful to the MBR drummer having that "real" sound just rounds off your songs perfectly.

Nice bongo's too!

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Hook

So damn good my brothers! Tasty, tasty , tasty!
Rock On!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

T.C. Elliott

Beyond the obvious (and often ignored) message, I really like the guitars. That delayed guitar in the beginning was a very tasty touch. But I'll agree with the already stated, all the parts sound good are mixed very well and the total mix is excellent.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

Satchwood

Wow, another favorite now lol!!  Dig the Floydish guitar, and dreamy vocals and muse in total is sweet to the ears... i want to buy a CD or MP3 Album!
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Blooby

Quote from: Satchwood on May 12, 2014, 05:27:12 PMDig the Floydish guitar

I was thinking Gilmour in spots as well.

I really love it when a long-distance collaboration is done, especially when the results are so friggin' good. Really interesting chord movement in a couple spots.

My one niggle is that I find the congas to be a bit of a distraction. It might be just a mix thing, though.

Fab collab, guys.

Blooby

64Guitars

Great song. I love the lead guitar and percussion. Nice mix too.

I remember the Star Trek episode shown in the picture ("Let That Be Your Last Battlefield"). The alien on the left was played by Frank Gorshin who also played The Riddler in the old Batman series.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert M. Pirsig

Oldrottenhead

QuoteThe alien on the left was played by Frank Gorshin who also played The Riddler in the old Batman series.
;D ;D that's how i found the pic. i too recalled the episode but not it's title. so i googled "frank gorshin star trek"  ;D ;D ;D ;D
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann