Satchwood's "Mind Traveler", a Keyboard Instro

Started by Satchwood, April 20, 2014, 02:48:58 PM

Satchwood

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

Mellowing-out on my Yamaha, with direct midi to Ableton Live 9:

"Mind Traveler"

[reverbnation]20657119[/reverbnation]
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Blooby

Jesus, I just posted something about Easter bunnies, and this is perfect background music. Kinda the creepy carnival vibe in spots.  Try the link while the music is playing.

Blooby

http://www.buzzfeed.com/briangalindo/19-vintage-easter-bunny-photos-that-will-make-your-skin-craw

Satchwood

funny blooby!   This composition actually took me several hours to arrange and record.  Still learning the art of synth =)

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

cuthbert

This is a very, very cool composition - I really dug how the sounds play off one another (especially the reversed bits). Nice one, Tommy!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Hook

Really cool soundscape, it's looped many times while I've been checking emails & I totally dig it brother!
Rock On!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Greeny

Blissful and wondrous. Love the backwards part... gives it a psychedelic edge. Really cool stuff, Tommy! Was over a bit quick though!

Johnny Robbo

This gives me the chills. So atmospheric and evocative :)
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Adobe Audition

"The English may not like music, but they absolutely love the noise it makes." Sir Thomas Beecham

http://www.jrguitar.co.uk http://johnrobsonmusic.co.uk

Flash Harry

Which Yamaha keyboard? - lush synth sounds. Nice composition. Great timbres, the portamento is insane.

I may have to visit my twiddly noodly things.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Satchwood

Thank you for the comments!!   As i gain more confidence with this style of music, which seems to be clicking with me lately,, and a nice break from my usual guitar rant lol...  I hope to produce more complete and longer compositions for sure.   My Yamaha is a PSR-GX76, but, and thats a big but, i'm only using this keyboard as a midi input device to Ableton Live 9 synth effects and instruments and such.  I like them better than the old effects i've been living with on this older model Yamaha.  I have two back ground tracks using different effects (panned) and then i have two different effects on the main piano lead part as well, and then i added a cool effect track about half way thru which kinda gives some of the parts that reversi effect.   My goal is to produce something a little longer with parts with drums and guitars as well.... wish me luck lol

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann