Main Menu

Kenny B

Started by Johnny Robbo, April 19, 2014, 05:18:15 AM

Johnny Robbo

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

Another one from the little jazz project I have under way at the moment. This is inspired by the fabulous Kenny Burrell, specifically the title track from his 1963 album "Midnight Blue".

As ever, the gear used was a Vintage AV3 semi into a Vox Tonelab. I recorded it in Cakewalk where the drums were programmed using Studio Instruments Drums (the "Slight Beef" kit) & the bass was my ebay cheapie.

Thanks for listening, chaps :)

recorder
Audacity
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Adobe Audition

"The English may not like music, but they absolutely love the noise it makes." Sir Thomas Beecham

http://www.jrguitar.co.uk http://johnrobsonmusic.co.uk

Redler

As I read the title, I thought the song is about Kenny B (a member of Songcrafter's) ;D .

Another sweet and tasty jazzy song! Very nice lead guitar licks! The drums sounds real, are they?
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Jarle

Another cool jazzy tune, well played. I am impressed by your drum programming, they sound really good. That's hard to admit for a drummer.  :'(
recorder
Boss BR-800

Hook

Excellent production & playing on this, another very cool post.
Rock On!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Oldrottenhead

i got a fright there. i thought something had happened to kenny b. phew.

nice tones again.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Speed Demon

Darn! Can't play this one. My security suite does not like soundcloud. This software probably doesn't like me, either.  :(

recorder
Boss eBand JS-8

recorder
Adobe Audition

There is room for all of God's creatures.
Right next to my mashed potatoes.

Hilary

Oh yes, everything fits together perfectly . . . lovely :D
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

SE

Really cool tones the bass is walking all over the place, magic!!
recorder
Boss BR-80

Farrell Jackson

Ha! By the title I thought this had something to do with songcrafters member Kenny B also, lol.

Not only are your guitar skills excellent but your bass playing and drum programming skills are just as good ! I love the tone on the guitars.

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?