Shades Of Blue

Started by Johnny Robbo, April 17, 2014, 06:54:34 AM

Johnny Robbo

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

Hi guys,

Apologies to anyone from the other forum I frequent who may have heard this track already, but it's the most recent thing I've recorded, so I thought I'd use it as my 1st post here on Songcrafters.

I'm a big fan of John Coltrane, especially his "Blue Train" album & this is my attempt at something along those lines (on guitar, obviously - not sax).

Gear used was a Vintage AV3 semi through a Vox Tonelab (Roland JC120 setting), recorded in Cakewalk MC4, using Studio Instruments drums & string section. Bass was a cheap thing I picked up on Ebay with no name on the headstock, DI'd striaght into the desk.

Thanks for listening  ;D

recorder
Audacity
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Adobe Audition

"The English may not like music, but they absolutely love the noise it makes." Sir Thomas Beecham

http://www.jrguitar.co.uk http://johnrobsonmusic.co.uk

Oldrottenhead

wow, really pro sounding recording and lovely tones. i'm gonna open my brandy tonight and have another listen to get me in a nice chilled zone away from hurly burly of modern life. braw tell yer maw.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Hook

Spectacular playing & production!! A fine post to introduce yourself with.
Rock On!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Farrell Jackson

Great playing Johnny! Also an excellent introduction post.

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Greeny

As melancholy as a stroll through Montmatre in the rain. But then a ray of sunshine comes down as a single red baloon drifts skyward.

Beautiful, soulful tone and playing, and the recording / mixing is pro-level gorgeous.

Great way to introduce yourself!

steelguitar

Pro sounding recording as said some previous comments ...

The guitar lines are very cool! Great guitar sound

Like this fine cool jazz to introduce you!

Jean-Sébastien
recorder
Boss Micro BR

"I'm sitting on a comet / Slowing speed / I'm landing on your planet / On your land of weed" Daniel (de Sète)

https://www.facebook.com/TheMAUSS

Flash Harry

A John Coltrane fan here too.

Sweet jazzy tones, great progressions,  nice looking guitar too, not dissimilar to the 335.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Redler

Absolutely great way to introduce yourself! Very laid back feel and brilliant playing!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

cuthbert

Smooth and classy work - great intro! Makes me want to sit out in the sun and sip a tall whiskey & soda, even though it's only about 40° F (about 4.5° C) here at the moment. :)
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Jarle

Great way to introduce yourself. Really pro production and playing.
recorder
Boss BR-800