Main Menu

Lilyhammer

Started by Hilary, April 10, 2014, 12:23:49 PM

Hilary

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

Song deleted for now (24.2.15)

I've just finished Series 2 of Lilyhammer and loved it. I really enjoyed writing this for the Fest but just couldn't get it to sound how I wanted when I recorded it. I tried double tracking the vox, harmonies, several different positions (!), redoing it separately. In the end, I've sacrificed a bit of the uke for a clearer vox.

Johnny has a bar in Lilyhammer - musicians perform there . . .
Reggie's also done a great track about the same programme for the fest - 2 peas in a pod Reggie  ;)

Revised 10.4.14 to incorporate correct  ??? Norwegian - what was I thinking!

recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Jarle

Really cool Hilary.
To respond to your last line.
Bare hyggelig, denne var bra.

(Just to clarify, thanks for listening should be - takk for at dere hører på)
recorder
Boss BR-800

Geir

Very cool indeed !!! And I'm pleased to hear a very good pronunciation of Torgeir ;D

Love it!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Gnasty

Very hook catching tune Hilary. I like them lyrics and i too have watched them all and love the show.
Like the Sopranos, i can`t believe that`s Steven Van Zandt from Springsteen. He`s so good as the rest of the cast.

Quote from: Geir on April 10, 2014, 02:15:58 PMVery cool indeed !!! And I'm pleased to hear a very good pronunciation of Torgeir ;D

How about some Geir-Elvis from someone?
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Hilary

Quote from: Jarle on April 10, 2014, 01:52:23 PM(Just to clarify, thanks for listening should be - takk for at dere hører på)

oh dear - damn Google Translate - I'll need to redo it!

Quote from: Geir on April 10, 2014, 02:15:58 PMAnd I'm pleased to hear a very good pronunciation of Torgeir ;D

I did wonder - on the show it sounds a bit like Guy(French Guy)er?

recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Geir

Quote from: Gnasty on April 10, 2014, 02:23:23 PMVery hook catching tune Hilary. I like them lyrics and i too have watched them all and love the show.
Like the Sopranos, i can`t believe that`s Steven Van Zandt from Springsteen. He`s so good as the rest of the cast.

Quote from: Geir on April 10, 2014, 02:15:58 PMVery cool indeed !!! And I'm pleased to hear a very good pronunciation of Torgeir ;D

I might do a "Geir is dead" song ..... if nobody beats me to it ;D
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Hilary

Quote from: Geir on April 10, 2014, 03:04:24 PM
Quote from: Gnasty on April 10, 2014, 02:23:23 PMVery hook catching tune Hilary. I like them lyrics and i too have watched them all and love the show.

I might do a "Geir is dead" song ..... if nobody beats me to it ;D

That would be good - some Geir-Elvis would be good too :D (Torgeir is my favourite)

I've done another version with the correct Norwegian - I'm leaving it to our very lovely Norwegian Songcrafters to let me know if I'm saying something rude with my pronunciation  ???

recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Jarle

Your pronunciation is quite good Hilary. Well done. You said nothing rude, you were very polite.

I could tell you how to pronounce it so it would mean something rude...   :D
recorder
Boss BR-800

Hilary

Quote from: Jarle on April 10, 2014, 11:32:12 PMI could tell you how to pronounce it so it would mean something rude...   :D

I know what it means if I don't say it right Jarle, that's why I was checking . . . :D
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

kenny mac

Nice uke playing by the way,I think it's actually came out crystal clear.Well done