Drums (confused)

Started by scotty45, February 17, 2008, 07:11:59 AM

Hi Im new to the micro br and i want to no how to put a verse drum and a fill in while recording.

Pedro

Hello there and welcome to the forum!

To do that you have to program the drums, and you can't do it while recording. Programming the drums is simple choosing and ordering the drum patterns. You can then create your arrangement as you wish, adding a verse, a fill at the end of that verse.

First I suggest you read the rhythm section of the manual (starting page 80). Then read this: http://microrecorders.org/articles/create_a_simple_drum_sequence.html

Then pratice it and create your own cool arrangements!

Edited your post: Please try to write in proper english and don't use flashing colors on your posts, it can make things difficult to read.

Oldrottenhead

QuoteTo do that you have to program the drums, and you can't do it while recording.
you can, well almost, not programme the drums but change the pattern playing from bar to bar and recording on the fly. i do it all the time thats why my drum trax are all crap.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Mr. Scar

Quote from: oldrottenhead on February 17, 2008, 02:09:41 PM
QuoteTo do that you have to program the drums, and you can't do it while recording.
you can, well almost, not programme the drums but change the pattern playing from bar to bar and recording on the fly. i do it all the time thats why my drum trax are all crap.
lol, same here!

Pedro

But really while recording, while the red filled circle is on? I can't seem to do that, Mr. Scar tried to explain me but I didn't understand.

Oldrottenhead

when you are mastering or bouncing "you do it on the fly" change patterns as song is playing in bounce or master mode to record.. pattern wont change till the end of a loop so it gives you time to flick 2 or 3 loops ahead or back.
ie. song starts with intro you then click up to verse1 let it go for a couple of bars then click up to fill 1 then quickly (cos fills are short loops) onto verse 2 and so on so whatever is playing will be recorded, is best to practice a few times before doing this to get an idea and feel for what you want to do and timing your changes properly. does that make sense?
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann